Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts
I had just finished driving Uber full-time for one week and received a payment statement today. After deducting petrol and data plan (sky high when using Uber app), I left with $100+. My two friends started same day as me, one left with $20 and the other one left with <$100. All 3 of us have decided to quit on 19th October 2015, the earliest date possible.

Hi all, here is a simple taxi driving profit/loss calculator found hp://embed.plnkr.co/XOys1V/preview (pls change and add 2 "t" on "hp")
Hope this will help all of us who contemplate to be Uber partner.
If you are keen to go ComfortDelgro, please do contact me.

Hi All uber bros,

Just joined uber few days ago, sharing my experience and earning so far.

Driving weekday 5pm to 2am ( 9 hours ), an average of $150-$170 per night ( around 250KM )

Here is the break downs for car rental & petrol
average $160 per night - uber comm ( 20% ) = Balance $128
( Car Rental ) $57/day + ( Petrol ) $35 ( per day - 250km ) = $92 - $128 = $36 ( your earning per day )

This is my breakdown of my earning for driving uber, where my rental is cheaper than most of those uber driver who rent car from other Car Rental Company.

I sharing my own experience here with all the new uber driver or who think of joining uber as driver.

IMO if it is your own personal car, the earning should be better by additional $30-$40.
For that amount might as well do delivery job. Got cpf, bonus, 5.5 days. Annual leave, mc, no worry about accident, erp, parking etc.

Yes i think will switch over to grabcar for the time being until Uber come out with a better incentive.

And uber office is really screw up. Existing drivers enquiries, new driver registration or customer service and everything all cramp into that miserable 1 or 2 front desk.
No clear sign to which counter to queue for what purpose. The office layout and planning really sucks.
i totally agree with gridweave . you feel like a kuku don't know where to go.

For that amount might as well do delivery job. Got cpf, bonus, 5.5 days. Annual leave, mc, no worry about accident, erp, parking etc.
The way the new accelerator incentives are set up, you will only earn money if you meet all 3 parameters.

1. Online during all peak hours, in order to hit the higher tier of PSH (Peak Supply Hours)

2. Get consistent pings while you're online, and pray for short trips with no traffic jams so that you hit the higher tier of TPH (Trip Per Hour, good luck to you in morning peak hours)

3. Drive all off-peak hours as well, in order to hit 100 trips per week consistently for the $400 gold loyalty incentive. However, you will have higher fuel costs. And one week of hitting below 100 trips will reset you back to the silver tier (assuming you still managed above 60 trips) for the next 3 weeks.

So in short, they got it all covered. To earn high peak hour guaranteed fares, you have to be online for most of the peak hours, if you get a few bad stretch of no pings, long journeys, or traffic jams, then your TPH will be screwed. You gotta drive all day, everyday, to earn "fantastic cash" .

If u use your personal car, u need to factor in commercial insurance and maintenance cost.

Hi All uber bros,

Driving weekday 5pm to 2am ( 9 hours ), an average of $150-$170 per night ( around 250KM )

( Car Rental ) $57/day + ( Petrol ) $35 ( per day - 250km ) = $92 - $128 = $36 ( your earning per day )

This is my breakdown of my earning for driving uber, where my rental is cheaper than most of those uber driver who rent car from other Car Rental Company.

I sharing my own experience here with all the new uber driver or who think of joining uber as driver.

IMO if it is your own personal car, the earning should be better by additional $30-$40.
c

A
Yes, and actually own car also got depreciation. Cannot over look. Its actually a 10 yrs rental in advance.
absolutely! For 1.6L Jap car, typically around $12-15k per annum depreciation.

Maintenance cost can be significant as ubering can be very harsh driving. Prolly bro infinitude can share more on this as I believe he is using his personal car for ubering.

A

absolutely! For 1.6L Jap car, typically around $12-15k per annum depreciation.

Maintenance cost can be significant as ubering can be very harsh driving. Prolly bro infinitude can share more on this as I believe he is using his personal car for ubering.
Calculated liao. Fuel plus maintenance abt 25 to 30% of returns. If add 10 yrs car price, without taking into consideration kill car price, should b up to 35% of takings. This differs from car makes:)

Hi All uber bros,

Lari kuat kuat now! Not worth at all.

Lari kuat kuat now! Not worth at all.
Sorry to spoil the party. This driver drove for less than a month, and came in to kpkb. A typical example of a dude looking for fast bucks to become millionaire within a year, believed in fairy tales, looking for top quality wine but willing to pay only beer price, want a new top of the range iphone but only willing to pay clone 2nd handed phone price, think he could obtained double degree within 6 months and ppl employ him pay him 20k / mth, probably also think that class 3 license should entitle him to operate a PSA crane for $8 K salary shift work. Such is the mentality as I can see. earning gross $150 to $170 driving 9 hours within golden hours clocking 250KM ?? Either he is noob until cannot noob, or ..... see the above.

Hi All uber bros,

Bro, uber's business model is drive more to earn more . if you want drive less to earn more , wait for the 6 figure launch in near future, I will let u know if u are interested.

Sorry to spoil the party. This driver drove for less than a month, and came in to kpkb. A typical example of a dude looking for fast bucks to become millionaire within a year, believed in fairy tales, looking for top quality wine but willing to pay only beer price, want a new top of the range iphone but only willing to pay clone 2nd handed phone price, think he could obtained double degree within 6 months and ppl employ him pay him 20k / mth, probably also think that class 3 license should entitle him to operate a PSA crane for $8 K salary shift work. Such is the mentality as I can see. earning gross $150 to $170 driving 9 hours within golden hours clocking 250KM ?? Either he is noob until cannot noob, or ..... see the above.
Really deep, involving kpkb, millionaire, mentality, noob noob, crane, floating hose and license.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.