Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a bit confused about Uber Fees. When driving for Lyft their cut was very easy to track and is stayed a consistent 19.97% (20%) on 54 out of 54 trips. Yesterday I started driving for Uber and the percentage seems high to me. I did 14 trips and the fee % seemed to range from a low of 23.10 % to a high of 40 % (the total for the night came out to 29.16 % in fees paid to Uber.

Am I missing something obvious???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got it, I adjusted my spreadsheet (changed the math) to reduce total fairs by $1 per ride. Makes it come out closer to the 20% overall. This is a little misleading IMHO but I suspect most of you seasoned drivers already know this...Thanks for the reply!!!

·
Registered
602 Posts
I am a bit confused about Uber Fees. When driving for Lyft their cut was very easy to track and is stayed a consistent 19.97% (20%) on 54 out of 54 trips. Yesterday I started driving for Uber and the percentage seems high to me. I did 14 trips and the fee % seemed to range from a low of 23.10 % to a high of 40 % (the total for the night came out to 29.16 % in fees paid to Uber.

Am I missing something obvious???
Your obviously missing A LOT by making the decision to drive for Uber with the less than bus fare rates. btw thier cut is now %25 not
%20.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Today I did a 2.17 mile trip and the fare was $5.78 and they paid me $3.82. I did my first Uber trip on Thursday August 20, 2015 and think I just did my last. This is an insult to the operating cost of my vehicle and my time. I think it is time to form an online union to keep these greedy SOB's that start the online "ride sharing" businesses honest. My car, my gas, my time and they take 1/3? Ridiculous!!!

·
Registered
519 Posts
You're never going to be able to put together a union because there's far too many dumb people that are perfectly happy making slave wages to beat the crap out of their car on a daily basis.

It's just not consistent enough for me to make a habit out of it, and I work the peak times in a big metro area. I'd rather be at home enjoying myself than making $6/hr on a bunch of minimum fare rides.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts