Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
7,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this about 30 seconds after accepting a ping.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Brand Logo

Anyone know if the change is restricted to a small area, or if it could be a long way from the original one? I cancelled because I didn't know the answer to that, and had accepted it based on the original delivery address.

·
Premium Member
9,076 Posts
Got this about 30 seconds after accepting a ping.

View attachment 670627

Anyone know if the change is restricted to a small area, or if it could be a long way from the original one? I cancelled because I didn't know the answer to that, and had accepted it based on the original delivery address.
Was it Eats? You were wise to cancel because who knows what you could have been stuck with. Even if the distance was similar you could have been stuck going to some horrible apartment complex with a zillion speed bumps and long walks to buildings that are poorly numbered.

It could be a bait and switch by a customer who lives at a place they know drivers don't want to come such as the aforementioned apartment complex.

I'm sure you know that Uber takes a hard line against cancelling orders after swiping "Start Trip" so you avoided having to do that.

·
Premium Member
9,076 Posts
Please elaborate. I'm not aware of that to which you allude.
When a driver cancels a delivery after swiping "Start Delivery", Uber will cancel the order outright. They will NOT dispatch the order to another driver even if the food is still hot and fresh at the restaurant. Uber takes a loss on the food.

·
Administrator
7,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When a driver cancels a delivery after swiping "Start Delivery", Uber will cancel the order outright. They will NOT dispatch the order to another driver even if the food is still hot and fresh at the restaurant. Uber takes a loss on the food.
And the driver gets flagged. Which can probably lead to account deactivation if done repeatedly.

I did it once about a year ago. Then got flagged. My car broke down mid delivery. I should have probably gone through support to cancel.

·
Premium Member
9,076 Posts
And the driver gets flagged. Which can probably lead to account deactivation if done repeatedly.

I did it once about a year ago. Then got flagged. My car broke down mid delivery. I should have probably gone through support to cancel.
I don't think going thru support helps much if at all because Uber's pissed off about taking the loss on the food.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts