Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uber states that each time our driver code is used by a new customer for a free ride, we would be compensated $5. They encourage us to buy cards and hand them out. Theoretically it is "win,win,win" since the new customer gets a free ride, the driver gets $5 since he promoted Uber and Uber gets a new customer.

I was not reimbursed for an incentive when my neighbor used my code so I challenged Uber. They denied the cheat at first until I proved it with my neighbors digital receipt. Then they gave me the $5 for my neighbor and and additional $10 for 2 other new customers not specified. Since that payout (four weeks back), I have received nothing for new customer acquisition. This omission comes after I distributed hundreds of free ride coupons and know for a fact of at least four uses of my code for free rides during the period. I now know why. The Uber driver contract does not oblige Uber to pay the $5. They are left to their own integrity. Most on this forum know what that means. I will paste the excerpt from the contract if anyone is interested -- but won't right now because this post is already too long.

I would like your feedback on your experience with Uber on this issue. FYI, I have never participated in the incentive to bring in new drivers. I look at that as self defeating since they would be competing for my clients....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts