Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uber and Checkr both notified me that they were doing a new background check. I'm coming up on one year. Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Yep... happened to me about a month ago.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Honestly, I don't mind if they do it every year as long as it's done automatically after permission is granted by us.

It's actually smart, as I'm sure there are drivers that get charged for crimes after getting their TNC. If some driver got a rape charge after getting their TNC, I surely wouldn't want them driving my mom, sister, daughter, etc. around. They could go a whole year or more after arrest before they have to go to court, depending on how good their lawyer is.

·
Registered
505 Posts
What a crock man what other company does a background check every year.
The background check was Uber's check, not the city TNC one that has to be done every 2 years to renew your TNC license. And to answer the question above, I worked for a quasi-state agency for 11 years, and during that time, they were required by Federal law to do annual background checks, recertification training for access to critical cyber assets, and random drug tests. In 11 years, I had 7 drug tests, including 2 in 3 months.

Yes, there are companies that do that. You should never be scared of the results of a background check. After all, you should know what you have done.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I see theres a background check consent in the website. Do we have to upload the picture of the paper saying yes i give consent?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I signed up for FARE and I'm having another background check done through Checkr, but this time they say they can't confirm my birthdate so I had to send a snap of my DL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts