Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Honestly, I don't mind if they do it every year as long as it's done automatically after permission is granted by us.

It's actually smart, as I'm sure there are drivers that get charged for crimes after getting their TNC. If some driver got a rape charge after getting their TNC, I surely wouldn't want them driving my mom, sister, daughter, etc. around. They could go a whole year or more after arrest before they have to go to court, depending on how good their lawyer is.

·
Registered
505 Posts
What a crock man what other company does a background check every year.
The background check was Uber's check, not the city TNC one that has to be done every 2 years to renew your TNC license. And to answer the question above, I worked for a quasi-state agency for 11 years, and during that time, they were required by Federal law to do annual background checks, recertification training for access to critical cyber assets, and random drug tests. In 11 years, I had 7 drug tests, including 2 in 3 months.

Yes, there are companies that do that. You should never be scared of the results of a background check. After all, you should know what you have done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.