Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm Helena from La Quinta Ca. 25 miles east of Palm Springs. Here's my problem. I have completed all the steps in the uber application to drive except for photo and LAX placard. First, I don't want to go to LAX, it's over 120 miles from me and don't wish to drive that far. Do I have to? Second, if I must get one anyway, fine but how? It doesn't say how! Only that I must upload the placard. Please advise someone. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
You shouldn’t have to get one, especially since you don’t actually live in LA. Might want to double check on LA and/or Inland Empire forums.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hello, I'm Helena from La Quinta Ca. 25 miles east of Palm Springs. Here's my problem. I have completed all the steps in the uber application to drive except for photo and LAX placard. First, I don't want to go to LAX, it's over 120 miles from me and don't wish to drive that far. Do I have to? Second, if I must get one anyway, fine but how? It doesn't say how! Only that I must upload the placard. Please advise someone. Thank you!
In order to get a LAX placard, you have to take a quiz(they notify you in the app). If you don't want it, don't take the quiz. I can't imagine that there would be that many people wanting to anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,099 Posts
Are they requiring you to get an LAX placard before you are active? You should be able to give non lax trips without it. Maybe check with the green light hub in San Bernardino. They ar only open on Wednesdays though

·
Premium Member
4,190 Posts
Ask Riders with luggage, "Hi, where are you going today"
1) Palm Springs Airport - Okay
2) Ontario - Okay? Sorry....
3) LAX, John Wayne (SNA Orange County), etc... - Sorry, I don't drive to those Airports.

Do not START trip until you confirm which Airport/Drop Off Location.

I presume Palm Springs has a +45 minute Trip Notice that comes with Long Trips. If so, you will have to decide if you want to take these requests, then Cancel if too far for you.

You can Cancel any Trip you want to. Your choice. Don't be intimidated.

Don't want fall down drunks - cancel. Don't want under 18 yr. olds without Adult Account Holder - cancel. Don't want 5 PAX in your uberx (4 Riders Max)- cancel. Don't want under 8yrs/80 lbs Kids without car seats - cancel. Don't want 10 grocery bags - cancel. Don't want Red Cups or just drink cups with no lids - offer to wait until they finish/toss it OR Cancel. Don't want to do Drive-Thru Fast Food - Say Sorry, I don't do Drive-Thrus (Rider says Okay) OR Cancel. Drive up to Pick Up Lication and something just "Feels wrong" - cancel.

Or not. It's up to you.

·
Premium Member
5,131 Posts
If you do not get a placard you will not get requests for trips to LAX. Once in a while one might slip in but for the most part you won't get LAX requests.

When I got my new car I had to wait a week before I got my plates to get a placard and I thought a ton of "accidents" would float in but actually I did not get one LAX request. The system actually worked.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Ask Riders with luggage, "Hi, where are you going today"
1) Palm Springs Airport - Okay
2) Ontario - Okay? Sorry....
3) LAX, John Wayne (SNA Orange County), etc... - Sorry, I don't drive to those Airports.

Do not START trip until you confirm which Airport/Drop Off Location.

I presume Palm Springs has a +45 minute Trip Notice that comes with Long Trips. If so, you will have to decide if you want to take these requests, then Cancel if too far for you.

You can Cancel any Trip you want to. Your choice. Don't be intimidated.

Don't want fall down drunks - cancel. Don't want under 18 yr. olds without Adult Account Holder - cancel. Don't want 5 PAX in your uberx (4 Riders Max)- cancel. Don't want under 8yrs/80 lbs Kids without car seats - cancel. Don't want 10 grocery bags - cancel. Don't want Red Cups or just drink cups with no lids - offer to wait until they finish/toss it OR Cancel. Don't want to do Drive-Thru Fast Food - Say Sorry, I don't do Drive-Thrus (Rider says Okay) OR Cancel. Drive up to Pick Up Lication and something just "Feels wrong" - cancel.

Or not. It's up to you.
Good advice.
I have had a few pax ask me if I have to take every trip even if it is Vegas or San Fran.
I tell them nobody has a gun to my head and last I checked my feet control the pedals and my hands control the steering wheel.

·
Banned
4,495 Posts
Don't bother if you don't want to go there anyway. Just get your A/C charged and make those big desert dollars. Folks rich out there. Canadian Snowbirds are big tippers I hear.

·
Premium Member
2,986 Posts
I live in LA , I have the placard, I didn't drop or pickup in LAX ever.
When you see luggage, ask passengers, if LAX tell them sorry I don't have the permit .
Cancel and drive away.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm in in LA / OC and just got new app

Not so good
· Does not total for day, just week.
· Does not show "long ride" anymore ( I mean longer than an hour or 35 miles)
· Cannot cancel pool if you accept while on a ride. Have to wait till you close out
· Harder to double check new rides location
· I forgot the rest

Good stuff:
· Looks pretty

I'm in in LA / OC and just got new app

1 - 14 of 14 Posts