Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's no longer an arrived button, instead the riders get notified automatically when you are at the pin location. Okay? Half of these idiots place the pin wrong so what are you supposed to do in that case? And the last fare amount won't go away off your screen, it's just there! Stupid and annoying

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
You can verify arrival there is a button for it.. Then cancel if pax is no show as you did in the past.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I canceled on a few pax after arrival because they didn't come out after calling but I didn't see the 5 dollar fee in my earnings... How does that work?

·
Registered
36 Posts
On Android there's still an 'Arrived' button. You have to swipe left to right to get to it though. I didn't figure this out, my pax did, after watching me struggle with it, lol. Don't know about the iPhone app.

·
Registered
168 Posts
On Android there's still an 'Arrived' button. You have to swipe left to right to get to it though. I didn't figure this out, my pax did, after watching me struggle with it, lol. Don't know about the iPhone app.
I emailed them and told them to put the travel time back up on top and you can't read the passenger rating with the stupid shadow box on it.

·
Premium Member
5,437 Posts
Just great, Fuber. I had one pickup yesterday with name "Guest" and I couldn't see his/her rating. Fortunately I was right there at Mount Vernon and saw her with 3 kids. The only thing I don't like is I don't know exactly when I "arrived" so I can start the 5-minute $5.00 "cancel no show" countdown timer.

·
Registered
744 Posts
In what world is this update safer/better? You have to go thru several screens to end the damn trip:( & as Raider stated above what good does automatic arrival make if their pin is almost always wrong??? Makes no damn sense. Oh & did I mention I hate seeing the last trip amount. Keeps reminding me of how much $$$ I'm NOT making:(

Yep! I'm cursing......lol

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
In what world is this update safer/better? You have to go thru several screens to end the damn trip:( & as Raider stated above what good does automatic arrival make if their pin is almost always wrong??? Makes no damn sense. Oh & did I mention I hate seeing the last trip amount. Keeps reminding me of how much $$$ I'm NOT making:(

Yep! I'm cursing......lol
yeah, a lot of clicks and slides to do the same thing

but again you can manually select arrive still (at least on the android version)

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
On the iPhone there is no arrive button. If the customer set the pin wrong I don't know what you could do. U can't start the arrive process and set your timer to collect the $5 fee

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
On the iPhone there is no arrive button. If the customer set the pin wrong I don't know what you could do. U can't start the arrive process and set your timer to collect the $5 fee
no "confirm arrival" button either?
because that button is available as soon as i start the trip

·
24,225 Posts
The i-Phone version has a "Notify Rider" (or words similar) on the Taxi version. The customer's name appears on the bottom: "Pick Up: Souxsie". If you will tap it, it will bring up something that states "Notify Rider". That is on the Taxi i-Phone. I have yet to try UberX on it.

In what world is this update better? Keeps reminding me of how much $$$ I'm NOT making.
I find it a bit bothersome, but still tolerable on the Taxi application. On the UberX, I would have to state that likely I would agree with the above quote. I will see the next time I go Uberx-ing.

·
Registered
744 Posts
yeah, a lot of clicks and slides to do the same thing

but again you can manually select arrive still (at least on the android version)
I tried it both ways. On one trip(Uber's iPhone) I was able to manually select notify rider but on another ride, there was no way to get to that screen. So, I still texted to let em know I was there. Again, 50% of my pins today were wrong or entire block ranges.

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
I tried it both ways. On one trip(Uber's iPhone) I was able to manually select notify rider but on another ride, there was no way to get to that screen. So, I still texted to let em know I was there. Again, 50% of my pins today were wrong or entire block ranges.
yeah those block ranges are blowers

·
Registered
744 Posts
The i-Phone version has a "Notify Rider" (or words similar) on the Taxi version. The customer's name appears on the bottom: "Pick Up: Souxsie". If you will tap it, it will bring up something that states "Notify Rider". That is on the Taxi i-Phone. I have yet to try UberX on it.

I find it a bit bothersome, but still tolerable on the Taxi application. On the UberX, I would have to state that likely I would agree with the above quote. I will see the next time I go Uberx-ing.
Do I really wanna see that my last ride was $6.04(read $4.83 before real expenses) until the next ping comes in??? Doubtful..... More likely to quit & go home. Lol

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Slide the bottom bar with name on it "up" and you will see extra options. Start the time as soon as you arrive as you did in the past.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I get what they're trying to do... trying to limit the number of times we need to touch phone... but I can't help but feel like I'm pressing buttons more often then before.

Also, probably the most annoying thing is that I have to tap the rider name and the complete trip bar slides up (on my iPad). After my first trip on the new update, I sat and waited for a minute for it to pop up but it never did. Finally figured it out but it seems like they're making us work extra to get pax on/off.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts