Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
First in first out so whoever has been waiting the longest gets the request first. You have to be in the designated area in order to recieve a request the app should turn the area grey to let you know you are in the virtual queue. If you cancel a request or go offline it will cause you to lose your place in line, but if a passenger cancels you maintain your place in line. Just hang around the cell phone lot and you'll get a request in 15-45 mins.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I've seen this for a while now. Once I saw 60+ minutes, I stopped the app as it added me to that hideous queue and then restarted it and continued on my merry way. Each time I queue for 5-10 mins, someone from the marc train pings me. I've had one airport run, maybe two being "qued".

PS - is there a "BWI Airport permit" now?? I saw this in my profile while being 'onboarded'.

·
Registered
797 Posts
First in first out so whoever has been waiting the longest gets the request first. You have to be in the designated area in order to recieve a request the app should turn the area grey to let you know you are in the virtual queue. If you cancel a request or go offline it will cause you to lose your place in line, but if a passenger cancels you maintain your place in line. Just hang around the cell phone lot and you'll get a request in 15-45 mins.
I thought the sign at the cell phone lot read no commercial vehicles or other taxis like services??

·
Registered
712 Posts
BWI
We can enter the queue and then drive to mcdonalds, or the gas station now and still be in queue.

Cell Phone Lot = remember there is still a bit of a gray area regarding this business! Don't park along the curb in the cell phone lot. Don't congregate outside vehicles in large groups. This is not a cookout. People are feeding their kids on this job.
The other day there was a police officer in the cell phone lot. Police in the terminal area have also been aggressive regarding pickups and drop offs recently.
Learn how to be professional and blend in and lay low. Use the whole airport queue to your advantage.

·
Registered
797 Posts
It's thick in the pick up/drop off area. I don't stay long around the airport if I can help. Get in and get out is my style. Even if the cue is under 10 minutes, I don't hang in the cell phone lot. As I stated before, there is a HUGE sign upon entrance that ALL Uber drivers need to read.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I live near the airport and started driving a few weeks ago. I noticed the queue while driving by and decided to start there one morning. When I got in the queue my wait was 21-41 min. Not bad since the day before I had a $32 trip from Towson to the airport I thought my chances were good for a decent fair. I waited 90 min and then got a ping from the Marriott down the street to take a PAX to Amtrak. 90 min for a $3 fare. Luckily I got a ping right after the train dropoff to head back to BWI and take a PAX to Bladensburg. It seemed like a long time to wait for a gamble.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.