Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get a ping. I know who it is. I've driven her before. Start heading to the apartment. Cancel. Hhhhmmm, that's strange. Pings me again, cancels again. Pings me again, cancels again.

Ok, now I'm curious as to why. So I am waiting for the ping again. I check the cancelled rides. Shows destination as LAX. Figure, maybe she's trying to get a bigger car coz she has so much luggage or maybe she hasn't finished packing or she hasn't got all her luggage to the curb.

I get the ping again. Send the text to her that I'm there. Nothing. Cancel 6 minutes. $7.50 cancel fee. So I wait for the ping again. I know it's coming. I get the ping again. This time she calls me. She's in the underground parking. I need to go down and get her coz her and her luggage are down there.

Not sure why the 3 initial cancels. But I know why she didn't get my text or call me. Because she had no cell signal down there. Lady is going back to Brazil. I don't think she has a fully understands how to use the app as she is a 4.5.

She had 5 bags. 2 large, 1 Medium, 2 small. Loaded and I loaded the car. Piled all the bags on the airport cart for her. She tipped $20. Plus $7.50 for the cancel fee and the $36 ride to lax. Guess it pays to hold out for the ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I get a ping. I know who it is. I've driven her before. Start heading to the apartment. Cancel. Hhhhmmm, that's strange. Pings me again, cancels again. Pings me again, cancels again.

Ok, now I'm curious as to why. So I am waiting for the ping again. I check the cancelled rides. Shows destination as LAX. Figure, maybe she's trying to get a bigger car coz she has so much luggage or maybe she hasn't finished packing or she hasn't got all her luggage to the curb.

I get the ping again. Send the text to her that I'm there. Nothing. Cancel 6 minutes. $7.50 cancel fee. So I wait for the ping again. I know it's coming. I get the ping again. This time she calls me. She's in the underground parking. I need to go down and get her coz her and her luggage are down there.

Not sure why the 3 initial cancels. But I know why she didn't get my text or call me. Because she had no cell signal down there. Lady is going back to Brazil. I don't think she has a fully understands how to use the app as she is a 4.5.

She had 5 bags. 2 large, 1 Medium, 2 small. Loaded and I loaded the car. Piled all the bags on the airport cart for her. She tipped $20. Plus $7.50 for the cancel fee and the $36 ride to lax. Guess it pays to hold out for the ride.
That's basically me with surge. Obviously not everyone has that type of patience, but that's why I get paid, more for doing less....

·
Banned
6,928 Posts
Never give up on special events. Drunk dude places ping at 50 yard line of the Coliseum and gets upset that I can't find him. Told him straight up I will cancel and it will take him 30 minutes to figure it out with the next driver. Got a $100 fare for about 25 minutes of driving. Dude and his buddy were funny as hell and also tipped me $20.

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If pax loses signal/their app somehow times out does uber auto cancel?
Not sure. She said she was trying to get a car for 20 minutes makes sense. Maybe her phone lost connection with uber and it cancelled. But their are people that turn the app off after they get picked up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts