Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are one of the early sign ups with Uber in Nevada and you followed the rules and obtained a Nevada State Business License (SilverFlume) to operate as Sole Proprietor the renewal process could have been sent to you by the Secretary of State for your business license.

If you no longer work with a TNC in Nevada and only used your business for being a TNC driver you can submit the Nevada State Business License Cancellation Statement and have no fee to cancel. If canceling within one year of expiration date, the fee is $100.00 for the current year and additional $300.00 for every prior year.

On June 9, 2015 Gov Sandoval signed the Commerce Tax under Senate Bill S.B 483 which is a a new gross receipts tax.

The first yearly installment of the tax is due by August 15, 2016.

The welcome to Nevada Commerce Tax letter from the Department of Taxation many TNC drivers received several months ago walks an individual through the process. It you did not get the letter the Department of Taxation website has a FAQ on the topic.

Who must file:
Each business entity, including sole proprietorship, engaged in business in Nevada. The Commerce Tax must be filed even if there are no tax liability due.

If you are organized the process is quick.

Congratulations if you have made it from through last 10 months.

Uber on !!

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you are one of the early sign ups with Uber in Nevada and you followed the rules and obtained a Nevada State Business License (SilverFlume) to operate as Sole Proprietor the renewal process could have been sent to you by the Secretary of State for your business license.

If you no longer work with a TNC in Nevada and only used your business for being a TNC driver you can submit the Nevada State Business License Cancellation Statement and have no fee to cancel. If canceling within one year of expiration date, the fee is $100.00 for the current year and additional $300.00 for every prior year.

On June 9, 2015 Gov Sandoval signed the Commerce Tax under Senate Bill S.B 483 which is a a new gross receipts tax.

The first yearly installment of the tax is due by August 15, 2016.

The welcome to Nevada Commerce Tax letter from the Department of Taxation many TNC drivers received several months ago walks an individual through the process. It you did not get the letter the Department of Taxation website has a FAQ on the topic.

Who must file:
Each business entity, including sole proprietorship, engaged in business in Nevada. The Commerce Tax must be filed even if there are no tax liability due.

If you are organized the process is quick.

Congratulations if you have made it from through last 10 months.

Uber on !!
I remember something coming through the mail about this. What's the full web address to file?

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
If I understand everything I read correctly.... everyone with a Nevada state license must file a return, but there is no tax liability unless gross receipts for last fiscal year totalled $4,000,000 or more. So I think the average Uber driver will be safe from extra taxes unless the had one hell of a year! How many massage and strip club runs would that be???

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Another fear tactic. Listen.....These People hate Uber and will protect the corruption they've had here for along time. Sending out this confusing legal jargon bullshit will give more fear.

·
Premium Member
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Voucher payment #3 is due to the Internal Revenue Services by September 15, 2016. (Form 1040-ES)

A couple of large conventions take place at the end of this month if you have fallen behind with saving for your estimated tax payment.

Plus the renewal for the Clark County Business License is around the corner.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Another fear tactic. Listen.....These People hate Uber and will protect the corruption they've had here for along time. Sending out this confusing legal jargon bullshit will give more fear.
They must hate grocery stores as well, since it applies to EVERY business in NV.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I registered at that site, nevadatax.nv.gov, and I think I had to request a taxpayer id number there or something like that. In a few days they sent me another letter with a Consumer use tax permit, and now I have to file quarterly use tax returns (it is done with just a few clicks, so it's not a big deal). That happened to everyone, right?, or did I do something wrong? You have to file this return for all quarters starting from the one in which you started you business. If you don't, they send you a letter to remaind you.

Use tax is what you are supposed to pay, but nobody does, when you buy something online and the seller doesn't charge you sales tax.

The actual Commerce tax return can be filed online starting in August.

·
Premium Member
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Nevada Department of Taxation
Nevada Commerce Tax Return
Form # TXR-030.01 is the form for the return.
If you send the return in by mail make sure you use the correct address.

·
Premium Member
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you did not make the 4 million dollars you fill out the form mentioned above and pay nothing, but you must file the form as you are conducting business as a TNC driver and operating a business correctly in the State of Nevada.

·
Premium Member
10,324 Posts
Yep, how do you think they get people to file ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I registered at that site, nevadatax.nv.gov, and I think I had to request a taxpayer id number there or something like that. In a few days they sent me another letter with a Consumer use tax permit, and now I have to file quarterly use tax returns (it is done with just a few clicks, so it's not a big deal). That happened to everyone, right?, or did I do something wrong? You have to file this return for all quarters starting from the one in which you started you business. If you don't, they send you a letter to remaind you.

Use tax is what you are supposed to pay, but nobody does, when you buy something online and the seller doesn't charge you sales tax.

The actual Commerce tax return can be filed online starting in August.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi, I did everything but where do I get the TAX ID No.? Is it the social security number or do I have have to get one. I went on line and I couldn't find it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts