Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My budget is $8k. I want to pay all with cash, no monthly payments.

Been flopping through these forums trying to figure out which car would be best.

I'm only going to be ubering part time, up to max 20 hours a week. But I'll be commuting everyday regardless so the miles will still add up pretty quick.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Ecoregion Light Rectangle Slope Map
Not to golden shower on your parade, but...
At 95¢ per mile, and seeing how your area doles out pickup times (see above attachment).

Well you may want to keep "flopping" through the forums and get a better feel for a driver's more pressing issues.

Fares vs. Profit
Insurance and Accidents
Depreciation and Damage
Taxes

The list goes on and on.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I commute to SF Bay Area leave around morning and come back home late night. So I'm never really in Tracy, more like all over the Bay. Anyways, just want to Uber/Lyft part time on the side when I have free time (I'm well aware of the poverty wages, but I'm more attracted by the flexibility over the pay).

My car got wrecked which was a 2 door and so I need a new car anyways, just want to know what would be a good car for Uber and to just commute in general all the time with a budget of about $8k.

Toyota Corolla/Camry were at the top of my list atm. Prius is a lil over my budget unless I get a great deal somewhere.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
My budget is $8k. I want to pay all with cash, no monthly payments.
Outstanding thinking, regardless of whether you're driving for Uber.

People waste FAR too much money on their vehicles, and then they wonder why they never have enough money for other things they need or want.

·
Premium Member
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeahh lol. Any advice on car and on mileage?

And by flopping, more like i been on these forums for hours now and still no clue!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I drive a 2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback in SF. I feel like it's the perfect car for the city. It's super small, but feels much bigger inside, even regarding trunk space. And the mpg isn't terrible. I've got a little over 100,000 miles on it, and so far no serious fixes. Though I am due for a service, so hopefully that's still true!

·
Premium Member
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im thinking toyota prius 2009 is a good option. Im worried about battery problems, do I still get 10 year warranty with that even though I buy it used?

Also, I drive a lot to commute for my current work and errands, so my miles will go up quick. 120k miles still okay? That's when prices get a lot cheaper though right?

Thanks a lot for all your guys advice.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Im thinking toyota prius 2009 is a good option. Im worried about battery problems, do I still get 10 year warranty with that even though I buy it used?

Also, I drive a lot to commute for my current work and errands, so my miles will go up quick. 120k miles still okay? That's when prices get a lot cheaper though right?

Thanks a lot for all your guys advice.
actually you get 15 years or 150,000 which ever comes first because you live in cali.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Battery problems are overblown. My Prius has 178k and battery is good. Overall, I am very happy with how dependable my car is. In 2009 Toyota introduced a Prius with 1.8L engine. Try to get that one. There is also a 1.5L one in the first part of 2009. Fuel economy is the same. So, get the bigger engine one.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
In this context, I assume that "new" means new to him. Different. Not brand new.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
oh, i'd go with a used prius. nothing more than 120,000 miles. They're battery can easily last 200,000 miles. You can also find on craigslist good condition prius with braned new batteries with 1 year warranty for $6000.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
View attachment 11663 Not to golden shower on your parade, but...
At 95¢ per mile, and seeing how your area doles out pickup times (see above attachment).

Well you may want to keep "flopping" through the forums and get a better feel for a driver's more pressing issues.

Fares vs. Profit
Insurance and Accidents
Depreciation and Damage
Taxes

The list goes on and on.

Good luck.
haha your picture and your profile picture "matches"

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
seems like there's not enough interested in Tracy, California for you to be driving uber, unless you're willing to drive an hour all the way to San Francisco to pick up people

1 - 20 of 42 Posts