Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was not driving Uber, just out and about and someone rear ended me and now my trunk wont open. Should I continue to drive? Or should I not drive and ask their insurance company to reimburse me for every day I was unable to pick up pax and provide trunk usage?

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
I was not driving Uber, just out and about and someone rear ended me and now my trunk wont open. Should I continue to drive? Or should I not drive and ask their insurance company to reimburse me for every day I was unable to pick up pax and provide trunk usage?
Uber will not assist you, because you were not Online on the Driver App. End of story.

You'll need to contact your insurance company and file a claim. Hopefully you have a police report and can submit that with the other driver's info.

As for driving, if it's major damage, I wouldn't drive until it's fixed. Pax can report you, and you'd be temporarily deactivated until you prove the damage has been repaired. And we all know how talented Uber's CSR team can be.

·
Premium Member
11,623 Posts
Uber will not assist you, because you were not Online on the Driver App. End of story.

You'll need to contact your insurance company and file a claim. Hopefully you have a police report and can submit that with the other driver's info.

As for driving, if it's major damage, I wouldn't drive until it's fixed. Pax can report you, and you'd be temporarily deactivated until you prove the damage has been repaired. And we all know how talented Uber's CSR team can be.
What Doc said...

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I think you misunderstood. I don't plan on asking Uber for assistance. I simply wanted to know if I can go through the other person's insurance company and ask for lost wages until my car is fixed.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I think you misunderstood. I don't plan on asking Uber for assistance. I simply wanted to know if I can go through the other person's insurance company and ask for lost wages until my car is fixed.
Probably not. There is no way to prove exactly how much income you may have missed. And since you choose when to work they may just say, "How do we know you were going to work on those days anyway?"

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Thanks for clarifying. You can always go for lost wages, but you're going to need to show proof. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Nope. Uber will not confirm you as a driver. Uber does not employ any drivers. Get car fixed ASAP and next time put money away for the next accident.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Yes, you can, absolutely. Lots of guess answers above from people with no direct experience of this.

When it happened to me I just submitted past pay statements to the other driver's insurer to prove earnings.

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
Hire an attorney asap. They will take the case at no cost to you and take a commission of your earnings.

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
I got rear ended laat week. Minor damage on my caddy the honda that hit me looked like they hit a brick wall. Bumper was falling apart. The other lady had geico, had my car in the shop monday, ready the next day.

If you are driving full time, it may be possible to claim loss wages.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts