Uber Drivers Forum banner

Which city is better for full time driver with Uber&Lyft ?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I need your advice to make a decision where to drive this upcoming season! First I have never been visiting Florida and I don’t know about the traffic and hotspots, whatever I just decided to joy next 3 or 4 months living and driving full time for Uber&Lyft in Florida. Now I am planning where to go and just figured out three different cities:

Naples, Fl or West Palm Beach or Fort Lauderdale

any information will be appreciated and if you are willing to share estimate earnings per day , thats will be great!

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
Hello everyone,

I need your advice to make a decision where to drive this upcoming season! First I have never been visiting Florida and I don't know about the traffic and hotspots, whatever I just decided to joy next 3 or 4 months living and driving full time for Uber&Lyft in Florida. Now I am planning where to go and just figured out three different cities:

any information will be appreciated and if you are willing to share estimate earnings per day , thats will be great!

Thanks in advance
You'll make the most in Naples. Good luck. Let us know how you do!

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Hello everyone,

I need your advice to make a decision where to drive this upcoming season! First I have never been visiting Florida and I don't know about the traffic and hotspots, whatever I just decided to joy next 3 or 4 months living and driving full time for Uber&Lyft in Florida. Now I am planning where to go and just figured out three different cities:

Thanks in advance
What platform? UberX?

·
Registered
62 Posts
You need to drive towards closest licensing organ for Blue Collar License or Commercial Vehicle Operation school in some Community College, if you still want to drive in this overpopulated place with blind suicide drivers.

·
Premium Member
11,431 Posts
Uber X and pool + lyft
Good luck, you'll be able to kill a lot of time and learn the areas real fast. Not sure about making money though we got some of the worst rates in the country for the money that's here

Reactions: MoreTips

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance
Yeah. Come to Miami.

16 trips today. Six of them paid $2.50 and 3 others paid less than $3.65. all x rides.

You'd have to do 40 trips a day to gross $100 down here. And $2.50 fares don't tip.

I did complete my quest though. So add another dollar onto each of those $2.50 rides.

Don't spend it all at once.

·
Premium Member
2,101 Posts
Plenty of rides on Saturday and Sunday morning by port Everglades and Fort Lauderdale AirPort. Most pay less than $7. I canceled 2 each morning then got a warning from lyft for too many cancels.

·
Premium Member
4,456 Posts
I did 5 rides today in Ft Myers/Naples

Deadhead from Home in Cape Coral to Naples
Naples to RSW $40
RSW to Marco. $53
Marco to Marco $10
Marco to PGD $78
PGD to Cape Coral $18
and home

This is a good day for me and it’s about time summer was awful

·
Premium Member
11,623 Posts
I get a lot of great long rides out of the Micosukee Reaervation on Alligator Slkey
They moved it???

Naples to RSW $40
RSW to Marco. $53
Marco to Marco $10
Marco to PGD $78
PGD to Cape Coral $18
and home

This is a good day for me and it's about time summer was awful
And there's your answer! Fort Myers -- not Naples -- is the market of choice!

Uber X and pool + lyft
In the Miami market, Poop and Uberrhea are really good in Brickell, and around FIU and UM.

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts

Naples to RSW $40
RSW to Marco. $53
Marco to Marco $10
Marco to PGD $78
PGD to Cape Coral $18
and home

Those are x rides? There's no such thing as a $78 x ride in Miami. Without surge that is. And that's an urban myth anywhere but Miami Beach.

·
Premium Member
11,431 Posts
Those are x rides? There's no such thing as a $78 x ride in Miami. Without surge that is. And that's an urban myth anywhere but Miami Beach.
You looked at all those pick ups and drop offs and thought Miami? lol

Oldfart is a Florida West coast gang member lol Marco to Punta Gorda Airport for $80 makes sense, (In spanish punta gorda means pointing at fat chicks, thanks rosetta stone)

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
You looked at all those pick ups and drop offs and thought Miami? lol

Oldfart is a Florida West coast gang member lol Marco to Punta Gorda Airport for $80 makes sense, (In spanish punta gorda means pointing at fat chicks, thanks rosetta stone)
Nope. Just saying there are few if any 80 mile rides in Miami...

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts

Naples to RSW $40
RSW to Marco. $53
Marco to Marco $10
Marco to PGD $78
PGD to Cape Coral $18
and home

Such a day is considered an aberration not a norm. Oldfart, please stop misleading new folks.

·
Premium Member
4,456 Posts
Yes all x rides.
Until yesterday I would have said there are no $78 rides here either. RSW to Marco pays $45 X and $65 XL. And that's a great ride because I can almost always get a ride back. The$ 75 ride was from Marco to the Punta Gorda airport which is about 30 miles further north than RSW It paid $68 and a $10 tip

To the OP
If you decide to come over here to work, know that nearly every airport ride is screened and nearly every driver does cash rides off the app

Inspite of that I still do ok in season hanging out near the Naples hotels and the Gulf Front condos

Good luck

Old fart doesn't drive X
Oh but I do
my car is XL but I don't have the patience to wait for XL rides only. And my wife insists that I take my last ride by noon each day and besides I need a nap by then anyway

The way things work out only about 25% of my rides are XL

1 - 20 of 24 Posts