Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
11,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of you might be thinking why in the hell is SEAL man asking this. However I have an American couple flying in today from Puerto Vallarta and they are saying that they'll be going through Customs at Sky Harbor Airport. In my 18 years of picking up from the airport I've always known that all US Customs from Canada and Mexico are in the airports of departure, not at Sky Harbor. Does anyone know any different? I'm not speaking of Immigration as I know Sky Harbor has an office there as I've picked up there before.

·
Banned
11,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all. You guys made it really easy for me to pick up from Customs. The only problem was that the little coffee shop by Customs doesn't have a TV so I couldn't watch the ball game.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have picked up more Canadian flights than I can count and never seen one that was not pre-clearance. Maybe you could list the Canadian airports that don't offer preclearance?

There is also a coffee shop by the international gate. I have noticed some kind of lounge on the second floor just below the international terminal where you can play video games and watch TV. I imagine they would have the game on in there but you will miss your people if you don't go upstairs in time. However it would probably work if you are in touch by text message because it takes them a long time to get their bags and get through customs.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Maybe you could list the Canadian airports that don't offer preclearance?
Cities from Canada with service to Sky Harbor and DO NOT have preclearance.
  • Kelowna
  • Regina
  • Saskatoon
  • Victoria
Cities from Canada with service to Sky Harbor and do have preclearance.
  • Calgary
  • Edmonton
  • Montreal
  • Toronto
  • Vancouver
  • Winnipeg
FYI, for those flights that do have preclearance, arriving passengers arrive at the B security checkpoint which is adjacent to the international arrivals where those without preclearance arrive. Both are at the west end of the terminal on level 3, right next to Peet's Coffee. Those who do not have preclearance will enter the terminal with their baggage, having claimed it at customs. Those with preclearance will have to go to baggage claim on level 1 to claim their baggage.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Cities from Canada with service to Sky Harbor and DO NOT have preclearance.
  • Kelowna
  • Regina
  • Saskatoon
  • Victoria
I have never once seen a flight at Sky Harbor from one of these cities. I am not saying they don't exist, but the chances of you getting one are pretty much zero. Maybe they fly into the FBOs, not the main airport. If you get a Canada flight it is safe to assume they went through customs in Canada.

International pickups can take anywhere from 15 minutes to two hours depending on if they get hung up in customs. If it took 20 minutes count your lucky stars. They probably didin't have checked bags.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts