-Drive to destination
-1 pax gets off
-complete trip
-remaining 3 need to be dropped at different location
-tell them to re-request and it should auto-ping me
-no other drivers available on pax side
-cancel 2 other surge fares
-go offline and drop off pax for cash payment

I didn't have too much of an issue with what actually happened, but I just want to know how to handle it in the future. Payment was fair, and this is just a side cash thing for me but missing the surge fares did make me sad and the fact that I have two cancellations on my record now, but the good Samaritan in me wanted to make sure they got home safe.

Should I just not complete the trip and keep driving? Or is there a different way to go about it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Unless I'm mistaken, and I don't think I am, once you get to first destination, instead of ending trip, ask PAX to enter new destination and drive rest of the crew there, then end trip.

·
Registered
295 Posts
This works, until you get this,
Drop off 1st pax (whom is the account holder that requested the ride, then drop off the 'guests' , then end trip. Next day you find out the trip was reviewed, and adjusted because the 1st passenger emailed uber csr and complained about the fare. You just got scammed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Seems like others run into a lot of scumbaggy types. Haven't been so lucky in my 17 trips thus far haha.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ask them to put the final destination in because you can get other rides based on were you ending your trip so if you go from point A to point B and you still have to go to point C & D you might get a ride request for b but you can't take it cuz he still have to go to C and d.

·
Registered
496 Posts
-go offline and drop off pax for cash payment
^^That is a deactivatable Uber policy violation and just completely stupid from a (lack-of) insurance perspective.

Next time, drop off first person, have pax update address in their app, take to next, rinse & repeat. Then end trip when last pax is out of car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts