Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am guessing everyone got the guarantees for the weekend and I've never done them. So I have a couple questions

Do I have to opt in every time I drive or can I drive none guarantee?

IS it figured on the entire weekend or is each session I opt in?

I opted in last night hit the $18 in about 30 minutes than never got a ping the rest of the hour is this also something I need to consider?

So far I hit the hourly number every time hour so I am guessing there isnt much of an advantahe to doing this maybe Friday when the number goes up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does Uber fudge your acceptance rate? Or am i getting requests that I am not seeing? Uber says i have a 75% acceptance rate. It should be 100%
I ask that here since it has to do with incentives and gaurantees.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I am guessing everyone got the guarantees for the weekend and I've never done them. So I have a couple questions

Do I have to opt in every time I drive or can I drive none guarantee?

IS it figured on the entire weekend or is each session I opt in?

I opted in last night hit the $18 in about 30 minutes than never got a ping the rest of the hour is this also something I need to consider?

So far I hit the hourly number every time hour so I am guessing there isnt much of an advantahe to doing this maybe Friday when the number goes up.
Why would you NOT accept the guarantee? All acceptance means is that Uber will process your rides and pay you more money if you meet the requirements. There is no penalty if you don't qualify or end up earning more than the guarantee.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Does Uber fudge your acceptance rate? Or am i getting requests that I am not seeing? Uber says i have a 75% acceptance rate. It should be 100%
I got a strange message from uber last night about my acceptance. I don't like accepting a ping when I'm still driving a pax. Especially last night since I had to switch to uberX. Let the request go and got a message after dropping off my pax I missed three requests. Only saw one.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I got a strange message from uber last night about my acceptance. I don't like accepting a ping when I'm still driving a pax. Especially last night since I had to switch to uberX. Let the request go and got a message after dropping off my pax I missed three requests. Only saw one.
Why would you not accept a ping while driving a passenger? That advanced pinging is an Uber feature, designed to keep you busy. It is generally good for you and you should accept the ping if it is one you would normally accept. You must be careful on Uber X multiple stop trips to change the first destination when you are 1/4 mile away, so Uber won't send you another ping if this upcoming stop isn't the final stop..

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
It seems like stacked pings are now counting in your acceptance rate, and I don't believe it used to be like that. I almost always decline stacked pings unless it shows a surge. Acceptance rate is really not that important. My acceptance rate is 60% to 80% typically from week to week. I continue to get the PDB offer every week. I get the canned emails all the time from Uber Corp and the Denver office that I accept fewer trips than most partners. Once I inquired to the Denver office and got an email back from a local rep within 15 minutes saying it is an auto email that goes out when your acceptance rate falls by a certain % from the week before, not to worry about it, and keep up the good work.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Why would you not accept a ping while driving a passenger? That advanced pinging is an Uber feature, designed to keep you busy. It is generally good for you and you should accept the ping if it is one you would normally accept. You must be careful on Uber X multiple stop trips to change the first destination when you are 1/4 mile away, so Uber won't send you another ping if this upcoming stop isn't the final stop..
Three reasons I don't accept:
1- Reasons stated above

2- I accepted the rare uberX ping (with a high surge) and dropping off downtown. Another X ping came through. I don't drive uberX except in rare occasions like X is surging above select. Which is case here.

3- I no longer accept requests downtown after 10pm. Especially uberX pings. I'll drop off. Won't pick up.

·
Banned
1,531 Posts
Acceptance rate is really not that important. I continue to get the PDB offer every week. I get the canned emails all the time from Uber Corp and the Denver office that I accept fewer trips than most partners.
I agree with Stanley. I know a few members of this forum are convinced that Uber has assembled an army of soulless employees whose one mission is to ruin your life, but once you realize that all these canned e-mails and warning messages are machine generated, it's really hard to take them seriously. I wouldn't worry about it.

upload_2016-7-1_8-56-50.png

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well my original post question is more geared this way.

I opted in I hit the dollar amount for the hour in 30 minutes than I didnt get another ping for the rest of the hour driving from downtown to littleton. ( Yes I realize I should just sit and wait but I actually was heading home so before 10%er calls me an idiot I had a plan)

I also feel I normally do better than the guaranteed money but I figured what the heck maybe opting in would get me on the PDB list.

I think some of you guys have me paranoid UBER is big Brother and every time something isnt normal I figure someone from above is trying to screw me out of something

·
Banned
1,531 Posts
Not everyone, including me, received an e-mail offer for hourly guarantees. If there is even the slightest chance that you're going to drive during the guarantee periods, you should opt in. It doesn't hurt to opt in and not drive during the period, and it doesn't hurt to opt in even if you normally outperform the guarantees on a regular basis.

I'd have to see the offer to make the most educated guess, but normally Uber averages your results over the entire guarantee period. For example if the guarantee requires at least 1.5 rides per hour and the period is the five hours from 7pm to midnight, if you were logged in a total of three hours during that period and completed five rides, you would earn the hourly guarantee for the three hours you logged on.

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
This is the offer I received for this weekend, it's pretty self explanatory, but depending on the day and time frame, pretty hard to meet. I drove this morning from 3:30 am to 9am, running both apps together, not missing a single ping, the business wasn't there. In those 5.5 hrs, between Lyft and Uber, I did 8 total fares, including one span of 40 minutes where I sat twiddling my thumbs.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yup thats the same offer I got I've been averaging better than the guarantees but I've sure I'll hit a little extra somewhere...

·
Registered
178 Posts
The hourly guarantees is a scam. But because so many opt in and come out for the guarantees if your going to be running during the time period they offer these guarantees I would opt in, I think it's a little different in each area. I know here you have to be invited and I imagine they invite every love body from the way it looks. If your getting the guarantees they offer here you are signing up to loose money.

My opinion is if your going to be serious about making money with uber you need to refer drivers and get very good at it. The referral fee for drivers is the one program that will make this profitable, Honestly uber has been very clear what they feel about drivers, They want to get to the day where they can get rid of them for good. They want to be the company of driver less cars.

I think the only way to do uber long term is to be in a program such as uber black and even then I'm not sure the math will work out. But if your doing uber black you already have commercial insurance and can expand your business through traditional means and use uber to build your real business.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I think you either get the hourly offer or the PDB offer. I hate hourly offers and won't be opting in. But I also don't drive those hours and since I didn't get the PDB offer I'm not driving X

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Took me a while to understand what the actual guarantees was actually offering, $18 bucks an hour equates to $13.50 take home to be stuck in traffic during rush hour so not so great, I liked the Boost program but I didnt get it this week just a thank you for doing 60 drives last week. SO I wont be driving a ton this week

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Yeah those offers are a joke. Keep a look out for a weekend bonus last week I got an offer Thursday that wasn't great but was better then nothing

1 - 19 of 19 Posts