Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have been driving with Uber since last 2+ years (4.73 rating), I wonder if I can use this forum to find an owner who can allow me to drive his car for Uber for a short period 1 week/1 month , the period can be increased or decreased if you want to go on holidays and you want me to drive your car while you are away. I need to start driving ASAP. Please contact if you are interested.

·
Premium Member
4,858 Posts
I want to hire out my beamer if you are interested? I want $1000 per week and max 1000 kms and $1000 bond upfront. It is a brand new 2017 Bmw 730D M sport package, pearl black colour with beige interior.
Lol. Good luck palming your problem onto someone else. People aren't going to get enough UberBlack work to cover your weekly fee and make any money for themselves.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
In a previous life I worked as a property developer so needed a nice car to impress. I bought an S class mercedes which was over $200,000 when new. I bought it as a 5yo car for $100,000 (ex Russian ambassadors car from Canberra). I drove it for another 5 years before selling it for $25,000.
You will never make enough money from Uber to cover that kind of depreciation.
Unfortunately the way I see it you only have two options which are both pretty bad. You can stop driving for Uber now and lose some money or you can stop driving at some other time in future and lose even more money.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Anyone borrowing money to buy a car to drive for Uber should have to pass an IQ test.
Unless you are able to offset the business costs against non business income!

You certainly wouldnt do it on a $185k car /only up to the mid $50k luxury limit and requires you to have $20k in Uber/business income and high payg income (or a dodgy tax accountant!)

·
Registered
22 Posts
All this talk of $115,000 , $185,000 $300,000 cars to do Uber?
My house is worth less than the last mentioned figure.
I am assuming all these guys do it as a tax writeoff because there is certainly no way I ( but please correct me) can see they will even make the service money cost , let alone the recouping of the original capital?
Cheers

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
All this talk of $115,000 , $185,000 $300,000 cars to do Uber?
My house is worth less than the last mentioned figure.
I am assuming all these guys do it as a tax writeoff because there is certainly no way I ( but please correct me) can see they will even make the service money cost , let alone the recouping of the original capital?
Cheers
A lot of people believe the Uber hype, myself included, go out and buy a nice car and then regret it later and they are still doing it. The new drivers never seem to learn anything from the old driver's so keep repeating the same mistakes.

·
Registered
558 Posts
A lot of people believe the Uber hype, myself included, go out and buy a nice car and then regret it later and they are still doing it. The new drivers never seem to learn anything from the old driver's so keep repeating the same mistakes.
I learnt before I did it, looked at all the comments on this forum used the car I already had it was seven years old worked part time for 14 months and made a loss which to be honest I expected and was not a problem for me luckily. Not doing it now and I feel sorry for some of the full timers who need the money but it will not work, for reasonable hours and expenditure.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Uber is a scam. I swear some poor uber x drivers I have spoken too say they make around $7 per hr after fees and petrol! That is less than minimum wage!!! These are 40 year old guys with families. Uber should be done for wage fraud.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.