Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone observed Uber copying the Lyft trend of nearby rider found? Yesterday evening when I was enroute to pick a pax my ride was changed, stating nearby rider found. I cancelled the ride because it was no surge.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yep. Monday at around 3pm I got a ping for pickup at Navy Pier at 1.8x. I figured I would do this one last likely quick ride and call it quits as I had been driving since 7am. I get what you got for 530 N Lakeshore (bldg just north of grand) so technically it was closer. I did check and it was at the same surge so I went to 530 n lakeshore and waited and waited. Finally girl comes out ... Trip to O'hare. It took 70 minutes. No 60+ warning let alone a 45+ warning. Now I'm stuck out by ohare not wanting to do another ride back into the city at over an hour. So I get an airport ride to itasca and get a few mor out there before I make my way back to the city and go home. While that trip was some good money I definitely did not want to end up at home 4 hours later due to Uber's sneaky practices.

From now on I'm cancelling all these situations as I assume Uber is just throwing me a ride no one else wants.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
They both have been able to "reassign" or "reroute/redeploy for years." Not always terrible--but when done to keep higher percentage (I'm less suspicious) or jack a guy out of a few bucks (again, not sure that's the intent)...it definitely blows.
I've had it work the other way....money being the same.....ride for yahoo I wasn't looking forward to--switched to ride---I'm just delighted to have.....

·
Premium Member
3,127 Posts
Hmm! Surprised I haven't received that. Sometimes I wonder why I'm driving 10 minutes across downtown to pick someone up when I know 3 out of 5 vehicles are rideshare AND I see people on the street looking at their phones and up at traffic.

To clarify, it's like your original ride is pre-empted and you get rerouted to another ride?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm! Surprised I haven't received that. Sometimes I wonder why I'm driving 10 minutes across downtown to pick someone up when I know 3 out of 5 vehicles are rideshare AND I see people on the street looking at their phones and up at traffic.

To clarify, it's like your original ride is pre-empted and you get rerouted to another ride?
Yup you got that right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts