Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm driving 210 eastbound and I come across a two car accident in to HOV & #1 lanes and it's pretty fresh. No emergency vehicles, no cops nothing. But traffic is stopped obviously for those lanes, I'm in the slow lane going 30 because I'm about to get off and there's an accident. Everything else is stopped but staggered.

I look in my side mirror and a guy is hauling ass in #3 (I think there's 4 lanes), but the one to my left and as he gets even with the first stopped cars two lanes to his left, he finally notices the guy in front of him, also stopped. This dude btw is driving a turd chunk so massive you could fertilize the entire... let's put it this way, no way he could even drive UberX in this thing. This guy hit the brakes with both feet and gripped the wheel with all his might. His anti-antilock brakes kicked in and the skid mark I'm sure is extraordinary.

Luckily, the dude in front of him (driving a select class vehicle) was not only paying attention to his rear view mirror, but had also left considerable space in front of him and when he saw this maniac and his white knuckles coming, the guy hit the gas and got out of the way just in time. Great move all around on his part.

Moral of the story, we learned last week just how dangerous an accident can be just to be near it.

And for the love of all that is holy, if traffic in the lane next to you is stopped, or if traffic in the lanes on both sides of you is stopped, slow down. There's something going on up there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Skid marks? There won't be any with ABS. That's the whole point. Anti Lock...
Anti-lock doesn't mean anti-skid. ABS brakes can still leave skid marks, just not particularly long ones (which is to say, ABS prevents the brakes from locking, not the wheels - the wheels can and will cycle between locked/unlocked if you brake hard enough).

·
Premium Member
4,186 Posts
And good point you explained was that it is a very good habit to always use your mirrors often to see what the "driverless" or "brainless" person behind you is doing and what your exit stradegies are.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts