Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been ubering for a short time. Initially, I used google maps for navigation but after experiencing some various problems like it just closing in the middle of navigating and locking up and becoming unresponsive, at the suggestion of a passenger that ubered in the past, I switched to waze. Waze does the navigation pretty good and have not had any significant problems with it other than I do not get an address sometimes, just gets me to the general area pretty close and tells me I am there and I have to look for and sometimes make the block or drive past and backtrack to find my client. I can live with that though because I have not missed a rider or got cancelled while doing that yet.

Here is what I am experiencing. After dropping off a rider, ending the trip, and rating the rider, the waze app goes away and it goes back to the uber partner home screen. Once it does this, I get a steady stream of directions telling me to turn here, turn there. Sometimes it even seems like it is directing me to drive in a circle or circle back to where I was a minute or so ago. I also hear a constant stream of the pinging sounds, but no rider requests comes in.

Anybody know what is going on here? Is there some feature of the waze app that I need to turn off?

Thanks,

ubereng

·
Registered
692 Posts
when using waze and you go 'off track' waze will ping. Once you end a ride go into waze and manually stop navigation, otherwise it will continue to navigate.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts