Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't see a thread for this, thought maybe one could be started. I thought maybe we could share our pax-blacklist stories

Been driving just over a month. I only have 1 real one, and 1 more I wouldn't take if I were to see them (don't have name)

'Ashley J' who lives in Sterling Oaks community up near Bonita and likely frequents Mercato from what her 'friends' told me, summoned my Uber near 4am on my way home from Ft Myers. Pickup pin was at tennis courts next to club house near front gate, no homes. Upon seeing this and no people, I text to say pin is not accurate and need address confirmation. Response of "Coming outside" received. Text back address bad, wait, text again I need better address, about to cancel and leave when car pulls up with who I find out is Ashley driving, two guys get out, she speeds off back in direction from which she came. They get in, I start trip. 4.7mi into 7.4mi trip, after they've told me what a terrible person she turned out to be (including how she used one of them to buy her drinks at club, late night dinner afterward, a $60 cab ride to her home, then told him she wouldn't do anything else with him because she already has two boyfriends (which she showed him the Valentines cards she was sending them), and I've said, 'well at least she's decent enough to pay for your Uber home'..... she cancels the trip, me driving at speed late late on Immokalee Road, leaving the three of us to just figure it out I guess. So basically, a self-absorbed profanity to people which she's both met and hasn't. The guys while dejected and arguing with each other the whole trip over whose fault it was the night didn't pan out, seem OK, so I decide to just finish the trip and ask if they can cover it in cash, they agree without hassle. I did write Uber support including request she is barred from further use of app, waiting to hear back, not holding my breathe. Also decided I probably won't ferry 3rd party passengers after bar close anymore.

The other is a group I've seen as a 3- and a 4-some, both times at different ends of Mercato after 12:30am. I only really recognize the one who runs the rider app (tall shaved-head white guy, thin, polite at first and turns quickly), but the others become familiar if they're with him. First time, my second night driving when I still had not worked out confirmation processes, they got into my backseat as a 3-some after it seemed like I found my riders. The driver they had requested then called them just after I pulled onto 41 so I promptly turned around while they argued with me that the other guy had requested me on his phone and were paying for the ride and to just drive. The 2nd guy when I asked to see his phone, or for him to enter the destination address, refused to do either. Upon dropoff back in Mercato, the 'Lady' he was with told me I was a MF and hoped I died eating shit. I saw them a few weeks later while I was looking for my 2.9x surge rider, no other Ubers available in the area. When I pulled up, they again tried to say they were my riders, but my rider was a female name and they guy was running the app. When I challenged for name, he then told me they hadn't actually gotten a driver yet, but offered to 'double whatever I was going to get' from my real rider, and when I declined, he began yelling profanity at me and looking like he was about to curb-stomp the side of my car as I pulled away.

I of course have some minor ones, all coincidentally wait staff I've had repeatedly, because they just aren't good fares (the usual reasons: shorter distance ride, wait time at pick up, requests and wait time for stops during prime time, and of course not tipping, etc... not to get into a debate on tipping, no I don't expect it but it does offset non-preferred behavior). These are more because I'd rather transport someone else I feel at least has a chance to be better, and not waste time on them, so I won't post their names (PM me if you want to trade lists though).

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably a lawsuit waiting to happen.
Appreciate both cents, but unless I am mistaken, this forum is about sharing experiences and discussion of the service platform. I haven't breached HIPAA any information. My 'he said' anecdotal accounts should be taken at face value along with any reputation backing you wish to associate. Although hearsay portions of what other people said would not be able to be relayed in court testimony, the rest would hold up with factual support. I can only assume what you may mean is reference to the rider name Uber gave me, for which displayed names aren't even verifyiable or any different than a screenname on this site. They can use pretty much anything, and in fact I've seen people with email addresses and also verified use of nicknames before.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I have a couple that I cancel cuz I know they like to make stops and are cheap and don't go far, but not enough where I would call for them to be blacklisted.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I don't think we need this kind of thing in the forum. That's my own 2 cents. Probably a lawsuit waiting to happen.
We exactly need something like this here.
Uber will not ban these riders so we should make sure that other drivers don't experience the same with them,called looking out for each other.
I don't drive nights so I have not these "hard core" experience but I had a few during the day,when I see them I cancel and go on.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I imagine I would have many more too if I was driving at 3:00-4:00AM on the regular. You know what they say, "Nothing good happens at 4AM"

If the people are still out at that time, they are likely to fall into a group of people that are very likely to be lousy customers or troublemakers/troublefinders.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts