Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thoroughly**** (I couldnt update the title for you grammar police people)

If fellow posters have said it once, twice , three times or more. Check your statements! I haven't been doing that until today. I did notice a reduction in my pay statement this week. Found the culprit trip. I email Uber about it and waiting on a response. They can't just take the money I earned just by taking the customer's word. Rider's lie, cheat and steal. Hopefully, I will get a response; I will be relentless about this until they do and credit back the money. This is yet another reason why driver's are jaded. Uber will NOT have sustainablity with this business model of taking a customer's word without coROBoration or evidence to support rider's claim. I will be buying a dash cam today! This will be to prove my case going forward if it ever comes back that the ride was not fraud. I always verify customer name and address before proceeding.

I will keep you posted on the outcome.

·
Registered
88 Posts
i had it happen as well, emailed about a10 Mike trip that the fair totaled 8 dollars (10*.9=9) they said the pax reported bad route so they looked and assisted to what an appropriate routeshould have been. i told them what happened, the rider requested to drop a friend of first which is why the route was a large house shoe shape. and that i would now like to report fraudulent activity from this passenger, change thier rating to a 1, and block them from ever getting me again. they changed the fare back, and claim they did the other 2 things for me

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will definitely be requesting a rating change. I got a response back saying that I picked up the wrong rider? WTF? Why would a rider allow me to take them a long distance and not say a word to me that I was going the wrong direction???? This is crap!!! And why didnot the so called real passenger not message me or call me right away saying I must have picked up the wrong person? Total crap and had to prove otherwise when it the issue is not rectified by so called wrong/right pax 3 or more weeks later. I'm buying a dashcam today!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update. I was dilgent, I kept at CSRs. They came back with the time frame the pax disputed the charged was outside the 48 window and they will be crediting me back the amount the deducted from my pay. This is a lesson, fight on don't let anything go.

I thought it was suspicious that It would take so long for a pax to dispute a pick up wrong pax ride. A bunch of bull

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had this happen too. It was a ride from Glendale Heights to the Rosemont CTA, in rush hour. It was a young 20ish guy. He was very nice and he even told me he was meeting some friends and where they were going. A couple days later, the fare went from &17 to $0.00. I contacted CS several times with no response. Finally, after about 3 days, I received a response saying that I picked up the wrong rider. I explained to them that the guy told me exactly where he was going and it was absolutely not the wrong rider. Uber eventually recalculated the fare and ended up paying me $22. Not quite sure why it was more but, ok.

You have to watch out for some people. They think they can outsmart the system and get a free ride because they know most of time, companies go with "the customer is always right" policy. I look forward to the day I get to pick this dude up again. He lives near me so it's just a matter of time. :)

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
These scumpanies defraud the drivers and wink and no when the riders do it. There is no protection from the fraud on both ends of this scheme. I'm going to my state's attorney general tomorrow to complain. I got a 25% haircut on my fairs from last night when I checked this morning.

You'll notice their communication scheme makes it nearly impossible to pinpoint and address such theft.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I will definitely be requesting a rating change. I got a response back saying that I picked up the wrong rider? WTF? Why would a rider allow me to take them a long distance and not say a word to me that I was going the wrong direction???? This is crap!!! And why didnot the so called real passenger not message me or call me right away saying I must have picked up the wrong person? Total crap and had to prove otherwise when it the issue is not rectified by so called wrong/right pax 3 or more weeks later. I'm buying a dashcam today!
You may get the money back but trust me you'll never get a rating changed! If you do though please let me know how you did it. I tossed two guys for attempting to **** in the backseat and was told I'm order to keep the rating system fair they can not change a rating. That's after Uber apologized and all but told me the passenger would be banned and they still refused to change or remove the rating!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They eventually recalculated the fare and added the amount back. But it was after a sent s long message back to them. Explained that it is hard to rebuttal when they wait 2 weeks to debit the money after the fact. The CSR response was that the conplaint was beyond the tinefrsme they have to refute the charges. I guess there is a 48 hr timeframe a rider can refute the ride. And by the time they did it was after that time. Well I bet. 2 weeks???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts