Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$150 isn't enough for this, I'll be getting quotes for it running under the seat and a professional cleaning!
Automotive design Vehicle Car seat cover Car Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Yellow

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Car

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Trunk

Automotive tire Rectangle Hood Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Uber would NOT compromise on the $150 max after several attempts today (Sunday). I'll be at the dealership in the morning getting a quote and then a professional car wash with detail shop for quotes on the correct repair and cleaning cost.

Hopefully this isn't the end of me Uber'ing, but I'm not going to continue "partnering" with a company that won't protect our property from damage like this.

Not only is biohazard cleaning expensive, the stench is under the seat. I could put the effort into this myself, but my back is injured and I can't spend hours trying to shampoo the underside of the foam seat insert. It really needs to be replaced to be done properly.

If I continue Uber'ing, I'll probably invest in some marine vinyl to cover up whats still vulnerable in the back. Still a bit of carpet showing between the seat and floor mat, and cover under the back seat. IF my emails to Uber don't get me deactivated :mad::rolleyes::mad:;):mad::cool::mad::eek::mad::mad:

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Uber's response admitting $150 isn't enough, but too bad for driver

"FARE ADJUSTMENT: REQUEST A CLEANING FEE

Thank you for following up.

We understand your point and the amount that we have provided might not compensate for your entire cleaning fee expense, however our cleaning fee structure is based on our most up to date local averages for professional cleaning service. We cannot provide additional reimbursement.

We appreciate you taking the time to share feedback. Please let us know if you have questions.

Sent by Kristine on Sunday, October 2, 2016 at 11:03:32 PM"

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Uber's response admitting $150 isn't enough, but too bad for driver

"FARE ADJUSTMENT: REQUEST A CLEANING FEE

Thank you for following up.

We understand your point and the amount that we have provided might not compensate for your entire cleaning fee expense, however our cleaning fee structure is based on our most up to date local averages for professional cleaning service. We cannot provide additional reimbursement.

We appreciate you taking the time to share feedback. Please let us know if you have questions.

Sent by Kristine on Sunday, October 2, 2016 at 11:03:32 PM"
Tell Kristine to escalate and don't take No for an answer... Provide a receipt and they will provide you with the amount paid at face value.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Only in this job is the vomit forum acceptable. Sorry for your luck man. Unfortunately it will happen to everybody if you do this long enough. I didn't get my first until about 2000 trips in and on a Sunday afternoon on the way to the airport at that. $150 is never enough for this type of cleanup.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tell Kristine to escalate and don't take No for an answer... Provide a receipt and they will provide you with the amount paid at face value.
Yeah, got to wait until Monday morning when the dealership and detail shop are open to get the documentation. Car is stuck over the weekend building aromatic character :(:mad:

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Only in this job is the vomit forum acceptable. Sorry for your luck man. Unfortunately it will happen to everybody if you do this long enough. I didn't get my first until about 2000 trips in and on a Sunday afternoon on the way to the airport at that. $150 is never enough for this type of cleanup.
I've had maybe a dozen. Typically they keep it in the bag I provide, only twice have they vomited on themselves in silence like a dog. First time it went straight down his shirt and to the seat only. This PAX hole leaned over and got it to run down the side of the seat and under.

This is my preferred outcome
Drinkware Liquid Bottle Arm Product

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
The pet odor eliminator carpet cleaner worked best for me cleaning it and ozium works best to get the smell out. Good luck, I hope your not out of service for too long.
I know, I use this Rocco & Roxie. It has 3,900 reviews on Amazon aveage is 4.5, highest rated enzyme stain & odor eliminator available.
Liquid Fluid Household supply Font Gas

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Oh man!
This is insanity!
Never before in any kind of transportation business, has it become the norm to puke in a hired car ...
I want this post to climb the Google search engines, I want everyone that searches about Uber driving, or puking in an Uber to find what their brand is really about. This is the reality of who we're dealing with. Uber wants simple propaganda of how easy their ride service is.
Reality is they charge riders millions of dollars for cleaning fee's because they won't provide insurance for it, and then don't pay drivers for damage caused to their personal vehicles.
Most passengers aren't trying to intentionally damage a vehicle, and most drivers aren't trained in cleaning biohazard waste. Yet Uber doesn't provide assistance to either party because their only interested in maximizing profit's over safety and customer service

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've had maybe a dozen. Typically they keep it in the bag I provide, only twice have they vomited on themselves in silence like a dog. First time it went straight down his shirt and to the seat only. This PAX hole leaned over and got it to run down the side of the seat and under.

This is my preferred outcome
View attachment 66308
I'm sorry this happened to you but I'm more sorry that you just had me laughing out loud in real life. Reading you describing a guy puking in silence like a dog just made me chuckle. :D Good luck.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jesus Christ, I feel sick just looking at that. Never had a vomit, and with the crowd I drive I have no idea why not.
Sorry for making you ill, but people should know about stuff like this if they Google cleaning Uber puke.
  • Passengers should know their booking fee insurance won't cover this. Uber will take it out of their credit card, I don't think the booking fee or insurance actually covers any damage accidentally caused.
  • Driver's should know Uber won't pay for excessive damage to vehicles. The excessive percentage Uber takes from drivers doesn't offer any protection for us.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I'm sorry this happened to you but I'm more sorry that you just had me laughing out loud in real life. Reading you describing a guy puking in silence like a dog just made me chuckle. :D Good luck.
It's okay to laugh at them, they just sit there and let the puke flow over their body. No attempt to ask for help, and his jerk friend watched him do it and never warned me, asked to help his friend, or tell me there is a mess in the back seat. Both ran away like dogs, waiting for me to notice the smell :confused::mad::eek::mad:

1 - 20 of 175 Posts