Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished my intense nap and woke up to an alert for a 4.3ish pax in PB near my house. I accepted it cause I wanted to get out and was not shocked when he took 4 minutes to come out and tell me he needed more stuff. I helped load his enormous bag into my trunk and assumed he was going to the airport. But alas, he wanted to go to San Clemente. He was rude, didn't want to talk (which is fine) didn't say bless you when I sneezed and kept telling me to change the radio station. Overall worth it and I accepted it because I have to go to a party in leucadia at 7pm. Heading home now. I'd say it was worth it.

Attachments

·
Registered
550 Posts
Too bad it wasn't surging that would have been sweet! I was able to snag a similar ride when the premiums were surging a couple weeks ago. The surge put it over $200 net. It was glorious.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Drove from 5am-10am with a couple needed breaks. Napped. Went back out for an hour long drive. From 2-3:30. Uber $117 and Lyft $55. 172-$30 in gas = ~142 in 6.5 hours with breaks. Not bad. Grinding sucks but it's better than making nothing. I also have the possibility to go all night thanks to my nap.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Lol its funny how you say "better than nothing" when making that kind of money is pretty good for this gig. We aren't doctors, we drive a car around town, you made good money for that lol! Yea we can get lucky and hut $100+ rides in a single but most of our work is waiting and grinding.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Drove from 5am-10am with a couple needed breaks. Napped. Went back out for an hour long drive. From 2-3:30. Uber $117 and Lyft $55. 172-$30 in gas = ~142 in 6.5 hours with breaks. Not bad. Grinding sucks but it's better than making nothing. I also have the possibility to go all night thanks to my nap.
Are you sure you spent $30 in gas? Not sure what vehicle you drive, but if you get 30 mpg @ $2.25/gallon, that's close to 400 miles driven in 6 hours.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts