Uber Drivers Forum banner

How many miles do you have on the odometer?

• Less than 25k miles and my pax deserve even better

• Less than 50k miles

• Less than 75k miles

• Less than 100k miles

• Less than 125k miles

• Less than 150k miles

• Less than 175k miles

• Less than 200k miles

• Less than 225k miles

• More than 225k miles

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Started off with 229k+ miles....vehicle looks good and runs well.

Gets NEWER every time I fix it (which , knock on wood, is NOT very often!) ;-)

Andy

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Started off with 229k+ miles....vehicle looks good and runs well.

Gets NEWER every time I fix it (which , knock on wood, is NOT very often!) ;-)

Andy
What make and model do you drive?

I drive a Prius and it is at 190K now. Been a good car for me so far. If I can manage to run it till it is no longer aceptable in the platform, probably I will be able to buy another used Prius at around 7 year old to avoid fast depreciation.

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
the 1st option in your poll seems flawed ... I have less than 25K ... but "my pax do not deserve better"

Reactions: LEAFdriver

·
Registered
576 Posts
What make and model do you drive?

I drive a Prius and it is at 190K now. Been a good car for me so far. If I can manage to run it till it is no longer aceptable in the platform, probably I will be able to buy another used Prius at around 7 year old to avoid fast depreciation.
It is a 2006 Dodge Gran Caravan....Nice vehicle / power everything...Not super stellar for MPGs BUT great for its ability to haul stuff and / or people...it has the stow and go seating so I can fold up certain seats to alter where Pax can sit (I don't have them sit directly behind me so that seat is typically folded away until I get a big XL run then I'll fold it back up if needed).

Parts are fairly cheap for it and I typically do my own maintenance to save shop fees.

Andy

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
Well at least Tampa hasn't turned all X with leather into Selects. We now have Prius & Mini Selects .... blah. Nothing against Prius or Mini ... but it's pissing off pax cause they were expecting a more luxury car ... now those pax are upgrading to Lux

Reactions: Uberwagoner

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We now have Prius & Mini Selects ....
This will cause a ratings massacre. Pax will react low-rating and causing these folks to lose their jobs. Official symbol of UberX is Prius yet some people having problem accepting a Prius as a ride. some pax admitted in twitter that they were low-rating all prii out of spite instead of simply looking for a different car.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have been canceled by pax because my vehicle is VW stationwagen but it happens to have a panoramic sunroof and leather interior plus I have cell phone chargers.

Of course in DFW Prius drivers are disliked for Uber and Lyft by pax from my experiences with my own pax. The fact my car is a diesel does seem to improve the perception of my car though, at least the diesel pickup fanboys.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
I am a mechanic and auto detailer by trade...SUV still looks and runs like the day it was new....I just turned 135,000 the other night
I am a step below, I know how to take care of what's working but can't fix what's broken, either on a mechanic level or paint condition level.

80,000 miles on camry and it looks like this:

That's with no wax or polish, just maintenance washes (chemical guys soap with wax in it) for 2 years. It doesn't pop like new but it's the best I can do.

This was at about 60k miles in the sunlight:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts