Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started a blog to record my interesting stories
Mr Chauffeur:

I was sitting in Fremantle after dropping of the previous pax (passenger) waiting for another job. I heard the familiar bing from the app and looked down to see I had a job, pick up point, fremantle ferry. I drove towards the ferry and pulled in but upon closer inspection I noticed the guy had dropped his address pin over towards the market stores. I drove over and noticed a man standard on the curb, I approached cautiously like a lioness does her prey. As I pulled up to the guy, I wound down the window and asked if he was waiting for an Uber. The guy looked over:

Pax: Yes of course I am

This is where the person usually hops in so I was sitting there with my boost juice waiting turned back towards him and noticed her hadnt moved.

Me: Are you waiting for someone??

Pax: No, I'm waiting for you to open the door.

(I sat there thinking he must be joking)

Me: The doors unlocked, you're able to open it from the outside, I don't have child locks on.

Pax: Put your boost down and open the door..

(I sat there thinking oh this ****)

I told the guy he was being rude and that I wasnt his slave and if he wanted a chauffeur service then he should've paid the $200 cost. I then told him he was going to have to book another car because I wasn't going to take him (Because the guy would just 1 star me regardless of the fact that he was the rude one).

I drove off and remembered because I had arrived he could make a report about me.

This is where Uber is so ****ing bull**** for drivers and is the only reason we are nice to certain people (because we are controlled by having to get five stars). So I drove back around and said I'm sorry for the misunderstanding but I'd take him for free. He jumped in and I found out he was going to claremont, ****.

The next twenty minutes was awkward as hell and I couldnt have been happier when I dropped him off. Three hours later and I got a email from Uber saying he had complained about me being aggressive.

This is where it is so hard to not flip out, drive back to that guys house and have words. By this stage I was close to finishing up my Uber career so I couldn't care less, I fired back a email explaining myself but also saying I hadn't started the fare so I got it recalculated and deducted from his bank,

·
Registered
803 Posts
Nice one dog I'm please you got your money. I once gave someone a free lift but it was after I had already got a $90 fare from them and it was just up the road. He gave me a good tip as well, a bicky (excuse the spelling)

·
Registered
408 Posts
Why is it so fun reading other drivers stories?

Was that always gonna be your move? Give him a free ride and then report in that you didn't start or end trip ?

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
By this stage I was close to finishing up my Uber career so I couldn't care less, I fired back a email
So if you had been planning this, why did you even bother to pick up him up and give a free ride!? Silly dog.

I drove off and remembered because I had arrived he could make a report about me.
So your app won't allow this then?

·
Banned
5,897 Posts
Started a blog to record my interesting stories
Mr Chauffeur:

I was sitting in Fremantle after dropping of the previous pax (passenger) waiting for another job. I heard the familiar bing from the app and looked down to see I had a job, pick up point, fremantle ferry. I drove towards the ferry and pulled in but upon closer inspection I noticed the guy had dropped his address pin over towards the market stores. I drove over and noticed a man standard on the curb, I approached cautiously like a lioness does her prey. As I pulled up to the guy, I wound down the window and asked if he was waiting for an Uber. The guy looked over:

Pax: Yes of course I am

This is where the person usually hops in so I was sitting there with my boost juice waiting turned back towards him and noticed her hadnt moved.

Me: Are you waiting for someone??

Pax: No, I'm waiting for you to open the door.

(I sat there thinking he must be joking)

Me: The doors unlocked, you're able to open it from the outside, I don't have child locks on.

(I sat there thinking oh this ****)

I told the guy he was being rude and that I wasnt his slave and if he wanted a chauffeur service then he should've paid the $200 cost. I then told him he was going to have to book another car because I wasn't going to take him (Because the guy would just 1 star me regardless of the fact that he was the rude one).

This is where Uber is so ****ing bull**** for drivers and is the only reason we are nice to certain people (because we are controlled by having to get five stars). So I drove back around and said I'm sorry for the misunderstanding but I'd take him for free. He jumped in and I found out he was going to claremont, ****.

The next twenty minutes was awkward as hell and I couldnt have been happier when I dropped him off. Three hours later and I got a email from Uber saying he had complained about me being aggressive.

This is where it is so hard to not flip out, drive back to that guys house and have words. By this stage I was close to finishing up my Uber career so I couldn't care less, I fired back a email explaining myself but also saying I hadn't started the fare so I got it recalculated and deducted from his bank,
Now my dogson: Here's what you have to do:

Recite 11 haily marys, some rosaries recite 15 passages in the St Uber bible.. Then you'll liberated from whatever

·
Registered
803 Posts
Why is it so fun reading other drivers stories?

Was that always gonna be your move? Give him a free ride and then report in that you didn't start or end trip ?
The GG thinks he knows dog pretty well. I believe that he was honestly going to give the bloke a free trip. But what goes around comes around if the guy hadn't reported dog he would have had his free ride. Good old Karma

·
Premium Member
4,857 Posts
I never feel the need to kiss any passenger's butt just to get a good rating. If a passenger expects chauffeur level service for $0.32/min and $1.00/km, they're going to be disappointed with my service! For these rates, all you can reasonably expect is safely getting picked up and dropped off at your destination.

You can still cancel a trip even if you have arrived but haven't begun the trip already. I'd have simply cancelled this one and moved on. Customers like this simply aren't worth the hassle. Thankfully I haven't come across too many of them.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The GG thinks he knows dog pretty well. I believe that he was honestly going to give the bloke a free trip. But what goes around comes around if the guy hadn't reported dog he would have had his free ride. Good old Karma
This is exactly correct. Because I canceled the trip on him then picked him up and took him so didn't have a trip, had to explain that to Uber to get the trip paid

·
Premium Member
4,857 Posts
Here's a suggestion for future drivers who find themselves in this situation:

(I waited for five minutes)

(Customer still refuses to get in)

(I cancel the trip with "No Show" as the reason)
I have actually done this once because some **** refused to walk five meters to hop in my car! And they can't rate you because it was a cancellation. ;)

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
This is exactly correct. Because I canceled the trip on him then picked him up and took him so didn't have a trip, had to explain that to Uber to get the trip paid
What an arsehole to get a free trip and then to still stab you in the back like that.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Wow... I must be lucky... Haven't had anything like that happen to me... No one has asked for water or mints for months (good thing because after the 15℅ pay RISE cut I stopped buying them) and happy enough to finish with a 4.91 rating. Just the odd rowdy bunch of kids...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ok, technically you didn't.. but.. c'mon!!! Why the hell you needed to drive back to him. Lock the door, suggest him Uber Black and say good bye to that idiot!! :)

By the way, the almost-instant-karma he got complaining was the best reward ever!!!

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Yeah and he would have complained again and had the full cost of the trip waived.

He would not have been charged

Hilarious that anyone would go back and do a freebie

·
Registered
34 Posts
Regarding no passenger feedback if you cancel......, I got a ping to a specific address, arrived, called the rider. She said "where are you?" I repeated the pickup address to her. She said she couldn't see me. I asked her where she was and she did not know. I asked her to look at the app and locate my car, she was unable to do that.

I ended up cancelling rider no show.

The cancellation fee got reversed and I got an issue on my record "professionalism, refusing to go to destination"

I tried to refute with Uber. Got a vanilla reply.

So it seems you can still get ****ed up by the rider even if you cancel.

Just FYI

1 - 20 of 33 Posts