Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way to pick up a ride, when I started receiving messages from within the app about the customer being a "distinguished customer" I was send codes to verify myself, then asked for my phone number. Once I gave my number, I was kicked off the app and unable to get back on. I have tried unsuccessfully at contacting Uber. What can I do?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do I get in touch with Uber? I've reported it on the site multiple times, I have not heard back. I mean, I was contacted through the app, it's crazy. Does anyone ever get their account back?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited by Moderator)
I would understand being called stupid if I was contacted outside the ap. I was contacted VIA the app, I would not beli9eve hackers had the ability to do that, but hey, instead of helping, thanks for calling me stupid!

·
Premium Member
7,027 Posts
Two factor authentication is meant to try and stop hackers, but instead, most of the time hackers can just get people to turn over their 2 factor authentication checks by a convincing act of fraud.

Sorry you got hacked. Lots of people get hacked. The customer was most likely using the built in app messaging system with a fake name like "UBER" to send you messages through the app. Meanwhile he was trying to log into your account online. He's probably like "Please verify the code we sent to your phone" (after he tried to log in and into your account on the website and it told him to check your phone for a code).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Two factor authentication is meant to try and stop hackers, but instead, most of the time hackers can just get people to turn over their 2 factor authentication checks by a convincing act of fraud.

Sorry you got hacked. Lots of people get hacked. The customer was most likely using the built in app messaging system with a fake name like "UBER" to send you messages through the app. Meanwhile he was trying to log into your account online. He's probably like "Please verify the code we sent to your phone" (after he tried to log in and into your account on the website and it told him to check your phone for a code).
Thanks. I hope its something I can fix. I may have to drive to Philadelphia to a hub if I don't hear back soon enough

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
Those hackers have the ability to create an Uber rider account, then order a ride. Once you accept the ride they can communicate with you as they just did. Good luck with Uber. Unfortunately, they're just legal scammers so don't expect any help, other than a tutorial as to how to avoid scammers.

·
Premium Member
7,027 Posts
Those hackers have the ability to create an Uber rider account, then order a ride. once you accept the ride they can communicate with you as they just did. Good luck with Uber. Unfortunately, they're just legal scammers so don't expect any help, other than a tutorial as to how to avoid scammers.
Some people who have contacted Uber were able to regain their account access and get their earnings back.

These scams are not legal. It's just that the scammers are seldom prosecuted.

They use access to your account to drain your earnings. This is theft.

Further, the unauthorized access to your account is an illegal act punishable in most states, and potentially even federally.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
These scams are not legal. It's just that the scammers are seldom prosecuted.

They use access to your account to drain your earnings. This is theft.

Further, the unauthorized access to your account is an illegal act punishable in most states, and potentially even federally.
I think what was meant is that Uber is a legal scammer

·
Premium Member
3,012 Posts
And Ya wonder why this place is dying....

People ask for help.
Get shlt on.

Welcome to UP.net
Where we will help you only after calling you a pillock, prosaic, and even stuporus. Cause we like to drag you down to a level where we can be all omnipotent and prudish. Dont forget to grab a cookie while your here!

While your are busy trying to figure out what i said, you can look up obtuse while you're at it.

God knows most of you aint got a clue about "bigun typie wurds."

Water Photograph Ecoregion Gesture Travel

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
The people who have dwelled in these forums for years are quite stupid themselves. They aren't compassionate to someone new who comes here to resolve what they've come to learn is a common problem (yet who generally leave after they post their problem), and even if they do understand, they'd rather suck each other's bzalls by entertaining themselves.

Sorry to hear you got conned, but in the future, never give any personal information out over the rideshare platforms. The best that be can done is to have Uber reinstate your stolen funds and to change your phone number or buy a new phone entirely with a new phone number.

·
Premium Member
3,012 Posts
The people who have dwelled in these forums for years are quite stupid themselves. They aren't compassionate to someone new who comes here to resolve what they've come to learn is a common problem (yet who generally leave after they post their problem), and even if they do understand, they'd rather suck each other's bzalls by entertaining themselves.

Sorry to hear you got conned, but in the future, never give any personal information out over the rideshare platforms. The best that be can done is to have Uber reinstate your stolen funds and to change your phone number or buy a new phone entirely with a new phone number.
Bravissimo bravissimo!

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
I was on my way to pick up a ride, when I started receiving messages from within the app about the customer being a "distinguished customer" I was send codes to verify myself, then asked for my phone number. Once I gave my number, I was kicked off the app and unable to get back on. I have tried unsuccessfully at contacting Uber. What can I do?
try this number
uber support 1-800-593-7069

·
2021 Bugatti Chiron
7,141 Posts
Also try contacting them on their FaceBook page letting them know your account was hacked.

·
Registered
243 Posts
It is impossible to explain to anyone who blindly gives their personal info out to random text or calls ,
Why that behavior is dumb or some may say stupid.

When telling a child , hey don’t jump into that fire , cause you’ll get burnt , most don’t jump , but when an adult does not use their brain to make smart decisions , then I think a little joke about how dumb one’s decision is would be a decent response , without really saying , “ Hey dipshit ! , , Stop and think about what your doin before ya handover the keys to your kingdom .

1 - 20 of 40 Posts