Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was a Uber driver for 8 month's. In December, I came down with the Omricon virus where I notified Uber of my condition. I supplied them my PCR test where it clearly states that I have tested Positive. 8 days later I supplied Uber another PCR test that clearly stated that I have tested negative and I'm good to resume work again.
Little did I know that Uber had blocked my account.
I have tried contacting Uber on numerous occasions in regards to my account being blocked and I can't seem to get a direct answer from Uber as to what's going on with my account.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
I was a Uber driver for 8 month's. In December, I came down with the Omricon virus where I notified Uber of my condition. I supplied them my PCR test where it clearly states that I have tested Positive. 8 days later I supplied Uber another PCR test that clearly stated that I have tested negative and I'm good to resume work again.
I have tried contacting Uber on numerous occasions in regards to my account being blocked and I can't seem to get a direct answer from Uber as to what's going on with my account.
1st mistake telling uber you’re Covid positive
If you know you have Covid , stay home and go offline for 7 days then you right to go.
how dumb are you 🙀

you will need to continue to contact them via email or app to tell them you have tested negative to unlock your account.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
I think uber’s still doin the original two week account 🔒 instead of the seven but you got it last month & now we’re half way through jan 🤷‍♂️

·
Premium Member
14,055 Posts
uber will wait a couple of more weeks than neccessary just to be safe. no shortage of drivers this month. if it was still December the response would be quicker

Reactions: Ubercadabra

·
Premium Member
7,779 Posts
Not trying to give you a hard time, just trying to understand. Why on earth would you notify Uber of that?

ANY information about you or your car with Uber is on a "need to know" basis, and 99% of the time they don't need to know. Anything short of getting into an accident or major incident with a pax in the car there is no benefit to inform Uber.

What you did is the equivalent of calling the IRS and informing them you may have understated your income. :LOL:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I do not understand why you did not keep driving ? You caught it from a passenger that was sick .
There is no sick time . I would of been driving . Once i threw up before picking up a passenger . Damn i was sick lol. I know i got it from a pax well i return it to them. My opinion . Until uber pays you sick time never report a damn thing . I think your will not be driving for a year now .

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
When I was a newbie I got rear ended
I told uber about it & the next thing WHAMO your account is blocked until all damage is repaired & proven

·
Premium Member
14,055 Posts
When I was a newbie I got rear ended
I told uber about it & the next thing WHAMO your account is blocked until all damage is repaired & proven
was a guy in my city that got lured in with that free rental car if ur car was involved in an accident whilst been in a ride. he got side swipe so some minor panel damage etc and repaint nothing too serious more to do with the guy at the workshop been busy and having to wait a couple of weeks etc.

Uber promised him the world in the meantime suspended his vehicle but he could add another one but didn't have another vehicle as uber never gave him a free rental as promised and just gave him the run around.

Then when the car was fixed they wanted the vehicle fully inspected and certified by a mechanic so basically a full service carried out written report etc. Whacked him for more money on top of that repair etc. He could of all intent and purposes kept on driving that vehicle while he waited for the workshop to free up as it was a couple of panels and some paint work that needed to get fix.

People that likes going and telling everything to uber likes a lot of punishment is all I can gather. They love the pain and torture uber inflicts on them kind of like free BDSM service where ur the submissive and taking everything uber doing to you. If ur into that kind of stuff just keep telling uber every little tiny thing that happens to you while you drive with them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do not understand why you did not keep driving ? You caught it from a passenger that was sick .
There is no sick time . I would of been driving . Once i threw up before picking up a passenger . Damn i was sick lol. I know i got it from a pax well i return it to them. My opinion . Until uber pays you sick time never report a damn thing . I think your will not be driving for a year now .
I will never be driving for Uber ever again, they are the worst company to work for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts