Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Disobey Steady Red Light N/B on Broadway and W174th St @ 2:20am this morning..

For those who drive up there knows exactly where the cop car sits at the gas station facing N/B on Broadway at W173th St so as I passed the gas station he turns around and started coming slowly N/B on Broadway, it is after 2am the streets are dead empty, and I instantly look back every time I pass a cop car, it is just my instinct, so I know he is coming for me, we then stopped together at the next two red lights and he is now chasing me really close with only the headlights on, no flashes and no sirens, at the first light we stopped his car is way to my left side, next light and now his car is way to my right side and they kept starring like they were looking for something, otherwise why didn't I get pulled over immediately after passing the red light? It wasn't until I turned left on W177th to jump on HHP that they pulled me over. You all know the protocol from here, drivers license registration etc.... then I asked how can I help you officer, he replied stating I blew the red light right in front of them at W174th St. I'm like what? He asked: didn't you see us? I replied: yes I did officer, you were sitting on the gas station facing W173th St not W174th, and I didn't run the light, why didn't you pull me over before? why were you silently chasing my car all the way over here? He then replies: be right back.

My question is, does anyone here fought this kind of moving violation before? I have footage of the cops sitting at their usual location but I don't have a timed footage of the incident, for now all I have is my side of the story which can be proved with confirmation of his location then a map of how the action took place from beginning to end that proves the distance and time it took him to actually pull me over for a serious offense.

Also, it may be nothing but once I got pulled over, the passenger officer comes on my right side with the flashlight point at every possible angle then the officer on my left asked him: did you get my cell phone? the other officer replies, yes, positive! like this was some sort of code to confirm something he did or didn't spot on my car.

By the way, I'm looking for a good lawyer. Any recommendations are appreciated. (not from google please)

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
So you did blow the red light or not?? If you did it doesnt matter when and where he pulled you over, you broke the law

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
absolutely not. that's the reason I described the whole scenario, and you know if I had done it he would have chased me with lights on.

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
Disobey Steady Red Light N/B on Broadway and W174th ST.

No audio.
Word of advice from a guy who has gotten over 30 moving voliolations (half bogus) in past 10 years...

Posepone as much as possible.

1) u DONT have to mail in ticket....just wait like 2-4 weeks for them to enter it jn the system then go to https://transact2.dmv.ny.gov/pleadnpay/

And select a courtdate.... take the furthest one.

2) then one week b4 that date u selected u go back online to https://transact2.dmv.ny.gov/pleadnpay/

Posepone the date.

3) the day b4 the second courdate u go in PERSON and tell them u want to posepone. You see the judge and tell him/her that u need more time to get a lawyer. Must pay $40 CASH bond.

4) Now u can hire a lawyer and i recomment Mr. West. He definitely does everything in his power to win. This is his number (917) 612-8288. You can text/call him.

Your welcome and good luck

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Word of advice from a guy who has gotten over 30 moving voliolations (half bogus) in past 10 years...

1) u DONT have to mail in ticket....just wait like 2-4 weeks for them to enter it jn the system then go to https://transact2.dmv.ny.gov/pleadnpay/

2) then one week b4 that date u selected u go back online to https://transact2.dmv.ny.gov/pleadnpay/

Posepone the date.

3) the day b4 the second courdate u go in PERSON and tell them u want to posepone. You see the judge and tell him/her that u need more time to get a lawyer. Must pay $40 CASH bond.

4) Now u can hire a lawyer and i recomment Mr. West. He definitely does everything in his power to win. This is his number (917) 612-8288. You can text/call him.

Thx a bunch man!!!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts

Posepone the date.

Your defiantly and og here. Thanx for all you bring to the table

·
Registered
4,675 Posts

Posepone the date.

WOW lenny the best detailed advice i have seen given in the forums in a long time

·
Premium Member
66 Posts

Posepone the date.

Nice bro, about #1. So even though the ticket says "you must answer the ticket within 15 days of the date of the offense or your license will be suspended and a default judgment against you", but most of the times it takes more then those days to be in the system to plea online. You should still wait or go inperson a day before the 15 days period to plea not guilty?

·
Registered
118 Posts
If it wasn't for these lil tricks i wud have gotten my TLC revoked a long time ago.... just glad to share the details....maybe it can save some of u guys some headache
My man how can i beet tlc revocation? I received a letter that i may be revoked for having over 11 points in my dmv license

·
Premium Member
2,557 Posts
My man how can i beet tlc revocation? I received a letter that i may be revoked for having over 11 points in my dmv license
You got 11 points... i think its inevitable. Tlc court is never fair. They might let you keep it but will charge you outrageous amount of money. And thats a very slim chance. Sorry buddy

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
is very hard to beat this tickets if u don't have any dash cam or witness as a passenger ,like all these guys said get a lawyer and wish for the best.that.s what happened to me too in Atlantic ave,they were hiding in the corner ,and they stopped me ,you have nothing to argue with them ,i hired a lawyer and is in the court for a while already.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If the letter says it may be revoked than you might be in good waters. Did you take the defensive driving course already?

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
A lot of cops will just follow you around for a few blocks, while they check your plate number on their laptop

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Disobey Steady Red Light N/B on Broadway and W174th St @ 2:20am this morning..

For those who drive up there knows exactly where the cop car sits at the gas station facing N/B on Broadway at W173th St so as I passed the gas station he turns around and started coming slowly N/B on Broadway, it is after 2am the streets are dead empty, and I instantly look back every time I pass a cop car, it is just my instinct, so I know he is coming for me, we then stopped together at the next two red lights and he is now chasing me really close with only the headlights on, no flashes and no sirens, at the first light we stopped his car is way to my left side, next light and now his car is way to my right side and they kept starring like they were looking for something, otherwise why didn't I get pulled over immediately after passing the red light? It wasn't until I turned left on W177th to jump on HHP that they pulled me over. You all know the protocol from here, drivers license registration etc.... then I asked how can I help you officer, he replied stating I blew the red light right in front of them at W174th St. I'm like what? He asked: didn't you see us? I replied: yes I did officer, you were sitting on the gas station facing W173th St not W174th, and I didn't run the light, why didn't you pull me over before? why were you silently chasing my car all the way over here? He then replies: be right back.

My question is, does anyone here fought this kind of moving violation before? I have footage of the cops sitting at their usual location but I don't have a timed footage of the incident, for now all I have is my side of the story which can be proved with confirmation of his location then a map of how the action took place from beginning to end that proves the distance and time it took him to actually pull me over for a serious offense.

Also, it may be nothing but once I got pulled over, the passenger officer comes on my right side with the flashlight point at every possible angle then the officer on my left asked him: did you get my cell phone? the other officer replies, yes, positive! like this was some sort of code to confirm something he did or didn't spot on my car.

By the way, I'm looking for a good lawyer. Any recommendations are appreciated. (not from google please)
The same answer always for these types of situations.

Get a dashcam. Good investment. And if you indeed didn't blow it and have dashcam proof, it'll be thrown out.

A dashcam will save you in accidents and police encounters, not to mention, when the police see the dashcam, they'll straighten up right away.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts