Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So wondering about thoughts on this. If you find a good spot, are you territorial when leeches move in? Do you stay or find a new one? I personally found a timeline when to stay and when to go, but I get annoyed that people drive into my space from miles away. (I'm in a res shore area) It makes me feel like they are dictating my day. Also, if 2 drivers are equally distant, time and miles, is it a shootout or depending on what side of the road you're on?

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
So wondering about thoughts on this. If you find a good spot, are you territorial when leeches move in? Do you stay or find a new one? I personally found a timeline when to stay and when to go, but I get annoyed that people drive into my space from miles away. (I'm in a res shore area) It makes me feel like they are dictating my day. Also, if 2 drivers are equally distant, time and miles, is it a shootout or depending on what side of the road you're on?
So, I just gotta ask: who made you king? If you find a spot, work it till there is nothing else to work, then move along. The last time I checked we all had the right to drive/park/and wait on any public street in a permitted parking spot. Unless you can show me a deed for where you are laying claim, then you got no claim. A smart driver will adapt as the day goes, sitting in one spot is neither profitable nor smart. I have always found I get more pings when I am cruising at just below the speed limit.

·
Premium Member
5,168 Posts
The guy's just ranting about his feelings. I get it.

But listen up there guy, there's so many cars now it don't matter.

Back in the day when there were only about a dozen of us between between Seaside and Hazlet you got a little bit perturbed when another car started coming too close to your fishing hole. There was a lot of fishing back then, so there was a lot of time sitting around with your line in the water.

But there is a shitload more cars and a shitload more passenger today.

It's simply no longer matters.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I see other Ubers in my territory a lot. I don't mind them, because I'm making my money, and they are making theirs.

What enrages me is when I see Ubers that don't drive safely, or take kids without car seats, stop in the middle of the street, etc.

THAT pisses me off.
Or waiting at Rho when the past 3 weeks it has gotten up to 4.5x and they just sit like mindless idiots in front with their apps on during crunch time.

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Please get a life this is not the mafia or a gang.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Ugh. I wish more drivers were educated about surge.
I know Uber has its quirks but this has been consistent for some time and now I understand why I was getting pings 20-25 minutes away when I was 2 minutes from Rho, because it was flooded with active ants. Like it is often said on here, most Uber drivers are a special kind of stupid, they are allergic to making money.

·
Premium Member
5,396 Posts
I know Uber has its quirks but this has been consistent for some time and now I understand why I was getting pings 20-25 minutes away when I was 2 minutes from Rho, because it was flooded with active ants. Like it is often said on here, most Uber drivers are a special kind of stupid, they are allergic to making money.
They're also allergic to not blocking traffic there too

·
Registered
216 Posts
They're also allergic to not blocking traffic there too
No crap, I let some moron have it last night, he successfully managed to block both the entrance and exit while doing a K turn with people walking around. I don't do base fares either, but I really like Thursday nights, it's kind of fun chatting with the younger crowd. Have had nothing but good PAX on College night and they seem to like the fact I'm a Ewing native.

·
Premium Member
1,747 Posts
I recently saw an Uber driver parked in a handicapped spot waiting. He had trade dress on car, and this pissed me off (even if it wasn't Uber, people who take handicapped spots with no placard piss me off - it's a personal thing). I approached him and asked if he knew he was in a handicapped spot, he said he would move if someone who needs the spot came along. I told him if you are still here in the next 10 seconds I'm calling the cops with your plate number. He mumbled something I could not understand and moved... Asshat...

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
I recently saw an Uber driver parked in a handicapped spot waiting. He had trade dress on car, and this pissed me off (even if it wasn't Uber, people who take handicapped spots with no placard piss me off - it's a personal thing). I approached him and asked if he knew he was in a handicapped spot, he said he would move if someone who needs the spot came along. I told him if you are still here in the next 10 seconds I'm calling the cops with your plate number. He mumbled something I could not understand and moved... Asshat...
You just nailed my #1 pet peeve! The times I drive my wife to the stupidmarket and sit in the car and inevitably there is an asshat who will park in the handicap zone with no placard or plates and it boils my blood. These are the entitled people that we get to deal with in our cars, just they are in their own car. I have a medical disability that allows me to apply/get a placard but I refuse to do so. I feel that there are many others who need that parking space so much more than I do, they should have it. I think I may begin to follow your lead and photograph the vehicle and text it to the local PD. Around here the cops a pretty diligent when it comes to handicap parking.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts