Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
So this is the pic that I used. It was rejected. The usual reasons...not alone in pic, hat, sunglasses, blurry photo...none of these things apply. What the heck?
I actually have a professionally taken headshot from when they were doing management bios at my other job... but they were taken with a dark grey background and it got rejected with a statement indicating something to that effect. I Photoshopped the background and lightened it drastically, then it was accepted.

With that in mind, I'd say it could be because of the darkness of the seat etc behind you. Try another shot in front of a lightly colored door or wall (flat color, nothing shiny).

·
Premium Member
3,326 Posts
Be in a well lit room with a solid background. Steady shot, then sharpen image. That should help.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
So it is my understanding that the pic is for the rider to see to know who will be picking them up. Me in my car...does that not make sense?
Yes makes sense, but still, a lot of dark behind you (and above you) for a clean high-contrast photo. They (Uber, at least) also need a clear photo that facial recognition software can easily identify, since you will randomly be asked to take a selfie within the app to ensure it's you running the app.

·
Registered
491 Posts
You look like a happy suburban mom. That's an Uber 2011-2013 look.

Now, you have to be an illegal alien or look like you live in the car. try putting hot water on the floor on a hot day so billows of steam will show during your picture. Makes it look like cat on a hot tin roof.

Misery desperation lowpay Uber

So this is the pic that I used. It was rejected. The usual reasons...not alone in pic, hat, sunglasses, blurry photo...none of these things apply. What the heck?

·
Registered
31 Posts
You will never lift yourself up by putting someone else down.
Didn't put anyone down. My picture legit looks not like me. But it works and I get rides. I just make sure I look more presentable when people get in my car. Lol. I still get mistaken for a guy, even though I wear dresses driving, but hey, it's 2018 right?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You will never lift yourself up by putting someone else down.
Dang! That hat is cute!
Didn't put anyone down. My picture legit looks not like me. But it works and I get rides. I just make sure I look more presentable when people get in my car. Lol. I still get mistaken for a guy, even though I wear dresses driving, but hey, it's 2018 right?
I'm sorry...I wasn't referring to your comment. Nothing wrong with what you said! And I don't know how they mistake you for a guy.

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts