Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn’t find anything about this feature online. She said it showed three drivers. She selected my pic and had to enter some code. If she did I’m glad but do u think she may have been confused? It was a nice ride to the Astros game from Katy. I was kinda our of the way when I picked her up and found it odd she didn’t have a driver closer to her. I was 5 miles away.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I feel like that could open up all kinds of discrimination. Just let them do a "minimum rating" if 4.6 isn't good enough.

But then...doesn't that take away the point of VIP only being paired with high rated drivers if everyone can pick now?

Could she also see your car? That doesn't bode well for me and my old van.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I feel like that could open up all kinds of discrimination. Just let them do a "minimum rating" if 4.6 isn't good enough.

But then...doesn't that take away the point of VIP only being paired with high rated drivers if everyone can pick now?

Could she also see your car? That doesn't bode well for me and my old van.
I don't recall her making statements bout my car. A week ago I had a pax said that uber showed a line of drivers and I was the closest to her. I thought she was tripping and talking about the ghost cars in the app it was a short ride so I didn't ask her any questions.

If this is the future it will bevery interesting. If people base their choice by rating this will be a benefit to me. If women base their choice off sex this will be a benefit to me. If people choose based off race then I could get screwed.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
I don't recall her making statements bout my car. A week ago I had a pax said that uber showed a line of drivers and I was the closest to her. I thought she was tripping and talking about the ghost cars in the app it was a short ride so I didn't ask her any questions.

If this is the future it will bevery interesting. If people base their choice by rating this will be a benefit to me. If women base their choice off sex this will be a benefit to me. If people choose based off race then I could get screwed.
Nope, if they choose by race it will benefit you as well.

No one likes white people anymore, thanks to the fake news.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I'm all for it. We live in a racist discriminatory world. The sooner we can expose this reality, the better.

View attachment 229353
"Get outside and get more physical". Bwahahahahahaha isn't there statistical data about the health of those sitting long periods of time? Specifically drivers? And didn't uber release data that directly contradicts females make more $$. Recently, this was refuted with Uber's numbers.

"Get outside and get more physical". Bwahahahahahaha isn't there statistical data about the health of those sitting long periods of time? Specifically drivers? And didn't uber release data that directly contradicts females make more $$. Recently, this was refuted with Uber's numbers.
That is some messy writing:/.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
I couldn't find anything about this feature online. She said it showed three drivers. She selected my pic and had to enter some code. If she did I'm glad but do u think she may have been confused? It was a nice ride to the Astros game from Katy. I was kinda our of the way when I picked her up and found it odd she didn't have a driver closer to her. I was 5 miles away.

She said it showed three drivers.
Houston version...pick one.

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
I couldn't find anything about this feature online. She said it showed three drivers. She selected my pic and had to enter some code.
My app pic looks like a Frankenstein reject. I think my avatar picture would be better.

Hmmm...has anyone tried uploading a cartoon picture to the app, just to see if Uber will catch it?

·
Premium Member
3,326 Posts
High ratings are deceptive.

I have a 4.78 rating, but one of the best drivers in my market. I have the knowledge of my city, like the black cabs of London have it.

I know the ins and out of the city, and can let the rider know of they are wasting their time going to a faulty establishment, but it goes so much future than that.

New drivers are 5 Star drivers. Most of them don't know squat and rely completely on the GPS. Would I like my rating to be higher? Of course, but when I drive fulltime and do 80+ trips a week, there will be a few riders having a bad day and dinging me.

I you request a 5 Star driver, then you are making a mistake.

5 Star riders can be deceptive too!

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
High ratings are deceptive.

I have a 4.78 rating, but one of the best drivers in my market. I have the knowledge of my city, like the black cabs of London have it.

I know the ins and out of the city, and can let the rider know of they are wasting their time going to a faulty establishment, but it goes so much future than that.

New drivers are 5 Star drivers. Most of them don't know squat and rely completely on the GPS. Would I like my rating to be higher? Of course, but when I drive fulltime and do 80+ trips a week, there will be a few riders having a bad day and dinging me.

I you request a 5 Star driver, then you are making a mistake.

5 Star riders can be deceptive too!
None of your skills amount to anything. What riders want is an attractive female. That's the only way you're getting consistent tips and a great rating. Welcome to the new economy.

They should've just made prostitution legal.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts