Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
toyota corolla on uberx

car note - $280
gasoline - $552.19
insurance - 175
total expense - $1007.

takehome pay after uber's and lyft cut - $7988 (this has gasonline taken out already since i have the uber gas card. uber takes out the gas directly from my payouts.)

profit $7533 (so high because was on uber platinum)

mileage - don't have the speicifc amount. probalby around 3K to 5k miles.

so i'm spending $1007 in cost every month, what's a good reason NOT to buy a tesla or lincoln to get on uberblack?

if i'm spending $1K every month already for expenses, why not just pay $800 more to drive in luxury?

tesla car note - $1380.00
commerical insurance - $400
electric bill for charging - $75
total expense - $1855

with uberx downscaling platinum drivers, i want to get on uberblack as soon as possible.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I've said this before, you CANNOT get on uber black. New applicants are not being accepted. Uber black also takes x pings.

Also there is no way you've done 3-5k in miles while grossing 12 bucks short of 8k. How many hours have you spent on uber in July in total?

·
Premium Member
5,489 Posts
Your tires don't go bald? You drive without a water pump? You drive with air brakes with no pads? Need I go on?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Brakes, tires , oil changes, ect... will get you at some point and they add up over time. Most people don't include these figures in their costs but they absolutely happen faster when driving so much

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
His many hours logged in driver mode?
when i was doing platinum 60 to 70 hours
Your tires don't go bald? You drive without a water pump? You drive with air brakes with no pads? Need I go on?
tires that's probably $800 a year. timing belt and water pump? that's at 100K miles, brakes? that's about every 75K miles.

·
Registered
156 Posts
75k is doable if you drive stick. My car has 158k and I just got the front brakes done for the second time a few 1000 ago

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Why would you buy a new vehicle when you have a car note?

I always hear uberblack isn't really that busy. Just keep milking X, should pick back up after the summer is over.

And about that whole wear and tear debate just put away $50/week for maintenance since you're driving so much and you'll be ok.

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well the fact that uberblack is 3.5x basically every ride you do. $3.50 a mile , 15.00 a minium.

of course it isn't as busy as uberpool and X. i can do less rides and make more money. not to mention advertise for weddings charge $200 an hour.

regardless i have to pay maintenace on whether i'm driving X or black. one thing i notice is i never hear uberblack drivers complain on uberpeople. it's all uber x and uber pool drivers complaining. black driver prrobaby making that dough.

also i hear you don't get suspended anymore for nt acepting uberx or ubepool. i talked to uber partner support in person at fairfax. uberblack is open now to existing x drivers

1 - 20 of 23 Posts