Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 500 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
My Prius has 457,085 as of today.
I am due for my oil change in one thousand miles.
I will use Valvoline IOC for this one rather than the dealership.
If anyone else has a high mileage vehicle I'd love to hear from you and any tips you have to make 500 thousand.
Holy shit... I usually run my Hondas over 300k (current one is at 221k on the way up)... that's awesome that you are over 450... you must take good care of your vehicle.

·
Premium Member
2017 Toyota Prius
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great Numbers !! I'm ONLY at 276K on a 2015 Corolla, I'm hoping to get to 500K in a couple of years.
Mobil 1 synthetic every 5-7K miles, tires, brakes, CV joints @ 210K...
Yes I've been using full synthetic every 5000 since day one on my 2017 Prius.
I use Town Fair Tire and rotate every other oil change or 10 thousand miles.
I've replaced my breaks two times and use Monroe for that.
I do not remember changing CV joints but will inquire next time I have dealership change my oil.
I'll also have them check out coolant to see if I need a flush.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Yes I've been using full synthetic every 5000 since day one on my 2017 Prius.
I use Town Fair Tire and rotate every other oil change or 10 thousand miles.
I've replaced my breaks two times and use Monroe for that.
I do not remember changing CV joints but will inquire next time I have dealership change my oil.
Wow, nice!

·
Banned
3,412 Posts
I use MyOwnGarage. The tech there has great labor rates! He doesn't charge me labor, just parts!

any tips you have to make 500 thousand.
Dodge oncoming cars and sideswipes. Defend!

After that, just fix things that matter to function as they wear out or fail. Accumulation of "too many" small or even large things spell doom for long-term ownership.

If anyone else has a high mileage vehicle
Nowadays that's 250k+, right? Mine just arrived there this year. It's 14 years old.

·
Banned
3,412 Posts
You know those stories that pop up on C&D and R&T about people running at least 500K and up to a million miles? Luckily, they are thrown a new car so you should share your story with one of their editors so it can be seen. Maybe Yota will grant you some new wheels.
Yeah just contact the marketing guru at some dealerships around your state and region to see if any are interested in paying you to help them promote the brand to their target audience.

·
Premium Member
11,212 Posts
My Prius has 457,085 as of today.
I am due for my oil change in one thousand miles.
If anyone else has a high mileage vehicle I'd love to hear from you and any tips you have to make 500 thousand.
Wow, awesome for you! So you average 91,000 miles a year since it’s a 2017?

·
Premium Member
4,806 Posts
How many times have you had the coolant flushed? Did you have it done the first time at 120,000 miles? Inverter as well?

I picked up an 08 Prius Touring with 120k for about $5k during the pandemic and I don't think it's been flushed as of yet.

I bought it from a guy from Cali that had EVERY service and work performed at the dealership lol. Like even the windshield wipers hahaha

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Not happening on rideshare or delivery. That's OTR coast to coast truck driver kind of miles.
I'd say the typical rideshare doesn't do that many miles but I do 50k+ and I have a day job. If I was only doing RS, I could probably hit those numbers. That's a lot of driving though! Stay hydrated and get proper rest!

·
Premium Member
2017 Toyota Prius
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How many times have you had the coolant flushed? Did you have it done the first time at 120,000 miles? Inverter as well?

I picked up an 08 Prius Touring with 120k for about $5k during the pandemic and I don't think it's been flushed as of yet.

I bought it from a guy from Cali that had EVERY service and work performed at the dealership lol. Like even the windshield wipers hahaha
Yes I have both coolants flushed every 60 thousand.
Other then the oil I feel keeping the coolant clean is vital.
I had to replace my heat exchanger in Feb. 22 and they combined that.
My transmission has been flushed twice as well

·
Premium Member
2,312 Posts
Ive had the same experience. Ive owned 4 prii. Three 09's an one 13'.
The 09's are bulletproof. I had too replace my last one cause it got sifeswiped parked outside my house. I sold it with 350k on it an it was still running like a top. Its replacement 09 has 150k on it currently. I average 5 too 6k a month driving. I swear by these cars. Congrats on your 500k car bro.

1 - 20 of 500 Posts