Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have told a few people that I believe Lyft shows me favoritism. When I get a ping on nw 21st and Glisan to pick up at the Bolt Bus and I can see a dozen Lyft cars in the app up and down Everett... favoritism.

Had another event tonight, you guys tell me if I'm imagining things:

Lyft drop off at the MAX tracks by Ikea. Went up to the circle thing, pulled into the giant strip mall parking lot, and waited with both apps on.

30 seconds later, Ping! Lyft pickup, Arrivals level, Island 2, 9 minutes away.

????

I wasn't in the queue. I never passed the queue. Looked on Uber, 74 cars in the queue. And all those Lyft cars in the queue are much closer than I was.

???!?!?!?

Not complaining, was happy to get that ride. But why? Is it my imagination, or is there some reason I am overlooking?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had the same exact thing happen to me yesterday. I dropped off someone at the MAX stop near the Target and got a ping to the airport. Also yesterday was all Lyft, today mostly all Uber. Weird!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I’ve had it happen a couple times dropping off at the hotels near the airport. I don’t think you need to drop off directly at the airport to get the rubberband ride request!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I've had it happen a couple times dropping off at the hotels near the airport. I don't think you need to drop off directly at the airport to get the rubberband ride request!
Yep, same here. Uber, though, if I remember correctly.

But, yes, Lyft loves you best.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I stopped driving for Lyft for a while as Uber was keeping me uber busy and no time to log onto Lyft. Then Uber slowed down, a lot, and I logged into Lyft. I actually thought they were going to tell me my account had been suspended. Anyhow nothing on Lyft. Oh a few rides here and there but overall really slow. Then it started picking up and now it seems like I am a Lyft favorite. Lyft is the majority of my time on the road and Uber is not really giving me business.

It looks like.....favoritism from Lyft and maybe punishment from Uber. I'm sure this happens, we just don't know about it....yet.

·
Premium Member
6,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, so it's not just me, their matching algorithm is bonkers.

But we already knew that

:)

Thx ppl

1 - 7 of 7 Posts