Uber Drivers Forum banner

My first Vomiter! And it’s a doozy ??

1K views 36 replies 15 participants last post by  Immoralized 
#1 ·
Had my first vomiter.
Projectile from the back seat, all I've the back seat and into the front through the middle, including hitting me ?

I know one of you, I think it may have been @Apollo, mentioned the best place to take the car at this time of night to get properly clean.

Can someone please post it again?

#5 · (Edited)
Nah it still a million and one time better than Ola cleaning fee process. Uber cleaning fee process still a walk in the park. It probably takes me a couple of minutes longer but Ola cleaning fee process can take two weeks plus four hours of admin work because they just ignore you & don't want to charge the rider.

#9 ·
I've got the hospital grade puke bags on hand (plastic ring top, long plastic bag type) - they've been used 3 times and resulted in zero spillage. Highly recommended. Puke bags, don't leave home without them!

Another thing about puke bags is you can hand one to a pax as a precaution. If they look grey around the gills, hand em' a bag. A good look at em as the get in should indicate if they're gonna barf. Avoiding a total and utter barfarama...

#11 ·
I have the same bag with the plastic rings. Bought them at Chemist Warehouse.
As for the precaution, for night time trips I will be starting with a pre-flight Safety warning ⚠!!!

Welcome aboard Pax, please not that spew bags are key on the seat pocket in front of you.

Unfortunately this dude didn't give a warning ?

He'll be fine all he needs is pictures...
Sounds like its pretty bad you couldn't fake that...
I got the $150.
Of to take it to the car cleaners place......

#18 · (Edited)
If they look sick or overly drunk you got a 50% risk of them vomiting on you during the ride. I say it up to that but in reality 1/10 will in fact spew their guts out inside the vehicle & that for each person that is that way that is entering ur vehicle. So if you got 4 heavily intoxicated riders all looking sick & you only know through thousands of rides. It basically a coin toss one of them will explode and really is a bomb waiting to go off.

I don't necessarily care too much if they puke or don't puke since it part and parcel of the job. 9 out of 10 times the mess is pretty straight forward process to clean up as long as it doesn't go into the vents or in between the windows ect. Will be taking delivery of some XL class vehicles this month 1 for me & 1 for another driver. More people increases the chances of them kneeling over and spraying the car completely. It a fascinating topic & one I always get ask about by other drivers, riders & of course forum members.

Best time to avoiding is daylight hours from 0600 to 2200 tops. Outside of those times is where I usually experience issues.

#19 ·
How do you guys assess if pax is going to throw up or not?
I find weekend midnight to 6am most likely to get one of those incidents so I really slow things down during that, long time driving so my gut feeling is usually right, I say no even if I get assurances that 'she'll be ok, we'll look after her' etc. Reality is he/she is ok until is not, her state can change pretty quick in a moving vehicle and I just don't want to deal with all the stop to throw up, start again, repeat...

When can just decline and pick up the next couple who is composed, just drank enough for a funny conversation and enjoy a relaxed trip...we even have a laugh at all taxis and ubers stopped on the side of the road waiting for pax to spew their guts out ? I find the driver is in control and determines how the night will go, being choosy on the pax that come in makes a difference between a horrible or good night... Saturday I cancelled without charge at least half a dozen times for that reason, too risky, go be someonelse's headache, I am good

#23 ·
For anyone still carrying water.
Never have it visible or own to having any onboard.
Or make a stop for it.
Or let them in with any kind of liquid.
Or encourage them to skoll the drink they have in hand as they approach.
A lot of drunks are only one good swig of anything away from upchucking.
Don’t ask how I know this...

#24 · (Edited)
For anyone still carrying water.
Never have it visible or own to having any onboard.
Or make a stop for it.
Or let them in with any kind of liquid.
Or encourage them to skoll the drink they have in hand as they approach.
A lot of drunks are only one good swig of anything away from upchucking.
Don't ask how I know this...
Down rate anyone asking for water or have any expectation of drivers providing water. Kick out any rider that start drama over water. Drivers netting ten bucks an hour and supposed to dip into their own profits for water :eek:

I always wonder why don't they carry their own water bottles if they love water so much and need so much of it? Zero tolerance towards riders that are ready to splash out $18 bucks a pop for some water down cocktails without a second thought but expect freebies from the lowest paid workers in society. Then get they start busting ur balls on a five buck trip for not carrying water. I pull over and say GTFO :redface:

If Uber wanted to drivers to provide water should be a button where we can press so rider get charged $1 per bottle of water. It not just going down to the shops which is time & $$. It carrying it in the vehicle extra fuel burned plus cleaning up the mess inside of the vehicle with empty or partially drank bottles... Some they just open it and take a sip and chuck it under the seat.

Whole water business is a joke in Uber. I want to strangle the muppet that wrote drivers should provide water & mints :redface:

#28 ·
The Eastern crapburbs barnyard boinker:
Back in the 90's driving for Regal, I got a young bogan couple from a rowdy Kilsyth party. They started boinking in the backseat. I asked them to refrain from sexual relations in the car, and the boinking abated. Mysteriously, she kicked the bloke out, said "I need to pick someone up from the party we were just at" so I drove her back, she went and fetched another young bloke and you guessed it, she started boinking again with a new boinker. This time I took her to near coldstream - she said to the bloke, we can't go in the farmhouse so we'll go in the barn. Hence the term barnyard boinker.

#36 ·
Only way around it I find most effective is smashing that reality as hard as you can and eating that 1 star.
I eat that one star so the next driver doesn't have to.

The way of smashing that home is pulling over asap at a safe location where it legal to park explain to them why they are getting kicked out and greeting them a good day or night. Swap 1 star in front of them. Then you got to send in a report to uber not get paired blah blah rider was rude busting my nuts about water i don't have ect.

All that BS for the want of water :biggrin:
Touchy subject with you - the water - my friend.
Get one of those Square payment terminals (about $90 officeworks all tax deductible), put a sign up $2 water, $3 mentos roll.
Heck can even sell a pack of rubbers - order on aliexpress a pack of 12 for $1, sell them for $10.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.