Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reg rate from Laurel to Annapolis.
Pax didnt let me know until I got there that he wasnt there and that I was picking up a bushel of crabs. No problem though, plenty wide open free parking, food was paid for, just grab the box and put it in the truck. Called pax and confirmed address to Annapolis.

Annapolis is still in greater Maryland so I just stayed there for rest of day. Got about 7 trips there,all in the annapolis area.

Riding with crabs was the coolest ride ever. Was able to make blast my music and sing curse words with the song. Seem to be an expensive trip just for some crabs

Who else has take packages?

I dont think I would have done if it it was a locked briefcase or something

Attachments

·
24,254 Posts
.......What did you do about the smell after handing over the crabs?

I have yet to receive an Uber delivery, but it would not surprise me. Cabs have done delivery for years. One thing, though, this is to all Uber drivers, everywhere, especially for food, but it goes for anything else:

NEVER TAKE ANY MONEY OUT OF YOUR POCKET.

I saw this happen to a driver once; it was enough for me. I was not on the microphone, but I was driving and heard the whole thing go down. The dispatcher called Tenally for a delivery. A driver spoke up. The dispatcher told him to go to the Steak and Eggs on Wisconsin at Chesapeake, pick up the food, the order already had been called in, pay for it, take it to 4200 Massachusetts, N.W. and collect the cost of the food and the delivery fee from the customer. The driver did it, went to 4200 Massachusetts (you must have money to live there), the people decided that they did not want the food. They refused to come down and re-imburse the driver. The driver made a fuss, the desk JERK called Security to run the driver off the property. The driver would not go. The Police came and ran the driver off the property. The Police would not make the customer pay. The driver got stuck with about forty dollars worth of food plus his time.

After hearing that, I decided that I would never send a driver to pick up anything if he had to take money out of his pocket. I walked away from more than one delivery when the restaurant handed me a bill. The Manager of more than one restaurant asked me what he was supposed to do with all of that food. I told more than one of them that as I did not want to be asking the customer the same question at the drop-off point, I was not paying. He needed to discuss payment with his customer, as it was not my responsibility. More than one irate customer called the cab company over my refusal to pay, and, for that matter over my telling drivers not to take money out of their pocket, when I was on the microphone.

....Oh, and did the crabs one-star you since likely they did not appreciate being taken to someone who was going to eat them?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Pax didnt let me know until I got there that he wasnt there and that I was picking up a bushel of crabs. No problem though, plenty wide open free parking, food was paid for, just grab the box and put it in the truck. Called pax and confirmed address to Annapolis.

Annapolis is still in greater Maryland so I just stayed there for rest of day. Got about 7 trips there,all in the annapolis area.

Riding with crabs was the coolest ride ever. Was able to make blast my music and sing curse words with the song. Seem to be an expensive trip just for some crabs

Not to mention a free lunch?

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

....Oh, and did the crabs one-star you since likely they did not appreciate being taken to someone who was going to eat them?
To be honest I didnt notice any smell. There may have been a very very very slight scent by the time I arrived, with it having to fire thru the metal trunk and the back seats, but it was probably just a placebo affect since I knew I had crabs. When i dropped them off I just sprayed the interior of course with air freshner and never smelled anything again. The trunk may have smelled with crabs but I never checked it again since I had nothing else to put in the trunk that day. My next trip was about 15min later and no pax said anything to me at least.

Not sure what the crabs rated me, but I gave them a safe and efficient from A to B, so they should have given me 5 stars

·
Registered
1,040 Posts

Seems like I drive crabs all the time. Lol

·
Registered
91 Posts

I have yet to receive an Uber delivery, but it would not surprise me. Cabs have done delivery for years. One thing, though, this is to all Uber drivers, everywhere, especially for food, but it goes for anything else:

NEVER TAKE ANY MONEY OUT OF YOUR POCKET.

I saw this happen to a driver once; it was enough for me. I was not on the microphone, but I was driving and heard the whole thing go down. The dispatcher called Tenally for a delivery. A driver spoke up. The dispatcher told him to go to the Steak and Eggs on Wisconsin at Chesapeake, pick up the food, the order already had been called in, pay for it, take it to 4200 Massachusetts, N.W. and collect the cost of the food and the delivery fee from the customer. The driver did it, went to 4200 Massachusetts (you must have money to live there), the people decided that they did not want the food. They refused to come down and re-imburse the driver. The driver made a fuss, the desk JERK called Security to run the driver off the property. The driver would not go. The Police came and ran the driver off the property. The Police would not make the customer pay. The driver got stuck with about forty dollars worth of food plus his time.

After hearing that, I decided that I would never send a driver to pick up anything if he had to take money out of his pocket. I walked away from more than one delivery when the restaurant handed me a bill. The Manager of more than one restaurant asked me what he was supposed to do with all of that food. I told more than one of them that as I did not want to be asking the customer the same question at the drop-off point, I was not paying. He needed to discuss payment with his customer, as it was not my responsibility. More than one irate customer called the cab company over my refusal to pay, and, for that matter over my telling drivers not to take money out of their pocket, when I was on the microphone.

You are the best dispatcher! If all taxi companies took care of their drivers like you, then they would have much better divers.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
When you have they money, you can buy happiness.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts