Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Awesome. I always wanted to experience the whole by law officer thing you guys talk about. She did her check of my documents and my car and cancelled the ride earning me my 5$. All checked out cuz I don't ignore the rules. I'd tell ya all where she is at but I want her to nab those of ya who don't follow the rules. I wish Toronto would do more checks if any.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Awesome. I always wanted to experience the whole by law officer thing you guys talk about. She did her check of my documents and my car and cancelled the ride earning me my 5$. All checked out cuz I don't ignore the rules. I'd tell ya all where she is at but I want her to nab those of ya who don't follow the rules. I wish Toronto would do more checks if any.
Share the details man.

·
Banned
17,425 Posts
I also had a ByLaw inspector ping me today. He checked the Head and Tail Lamps, the turn signals. He also gave a detailed examination of the 4 passenger seatbelts. Lastly, he checked my drivers license, and my safety certificate. He did made a comment on some of the damage to the rear of my car, (I was unfortunately involved in a fender-bender yesterday (cosmetic damage only) while going to the movies with my son (no rideshare app), but gave me a pass, cancelled the ride request and said, "Have a nice day."

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
I also had a ByLaw inspector ping me today. He checked the Head and Tail Lamps, the turn signals. He also gave a detailed examination of the 4 passenger seatbelts. Lastly, he checked my drivers license, and my safety certificate. He did made a comment on some of the damage to the rear of my car, (I was unfortunately involved in a fender-bender yesterday (cosmetic damage only) while going to the movies with my son (no rideshare app), but gave me a pass, cancelled the ride request and said, "Have a nice day."
And you made $4.40 for 5 minutes of your time! LOL.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
What was the name of the officer and location please? And Lyft or Uber?

·
Banned
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I don't see what the big deal is of you got everything in order. All they are doing is making sure uber and it's drivers are following the rules and the rules are there to keep people safe.

I gave her 5 stars.

Bring it on.

·
Premium Member
8,993 Posts
I would say if you see those names just be sure you have everything in order before you arrive. I have been a little lazy with the stickers in my window as of late. Yes not a smart thing but it would suck to get caught without it as it would be my fault.

Rules are there they should be followed. They are not that hard to keep up.

·
Premium Member
6,465 Posts
I have been a little lazy with the stickers in my window as of late. Yes not a smart thing but it would suck to get caught without it as it would be my fault.
The sticker is always in my back window whether I'm Uber driving or not. Afterall, what do I have to be ashamed of (besides pitiably low profit margins)? We're fully legit and regulated.

·
Premium Member
8,993 Posts
The sticker is always in my back window whether I'm Uber driving or not. Afterall, what do I have to be ashamed of (besides pitiably low profit margins)? We're fully legit and regulated.
My wife feels she doesn't want someone jumping in the car at a traffic light...lol. So when I'm done it goes off. Or lately it hasn't gone back on.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
I would say if you see those names just be sure you have everything in order before you arrive. I have been a little lazy with the stickers in my window as of late. Yes not a smart thing but it would suck to get caught without it as it would be my fault.

Rules are there they should be followed. They are not that hard to keep up.
You really can not get away from bylaw inspection. You are likely to get caught in their net oneday. So far I already got 3 bylaw ping. First one was in November, 2nd - December and 3rd in April.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.