Uber Drivers Forum banner

My experience with UberPool

4K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  run26912 
#1 ·
Ladies and gentlemen,
Please write all your UberPool experience here in this post. Is getting messy on forum , when each of you have something to say about it.

Myself I'm still doing Lyft ,probably until they implement LINE in DC , but so far reading your posts i don't see its worth it do so.
UberPool is 25% cheaper than X , how do you make money on this? How do you handle crazy situation with pax, changing routes, drop off location etc.

Please post here!

Have a good day!

#2 ·
As I reported in the other thread -- I think it is very difficult to manage the pax 2 pickup while you are driving with pax 1. Its not just accepting with a simple tap -- its going from whatever nav you were using with pax 1 to the uber inside-the-app nav -- which isn't great. You have to find the pax 2. Allocate seats based on which curbside is the pick up, do you make pax 1 move or invite pax 2 to front seat? Then introduce paxes and set expectations with pax 1 from the beginning. Then trust the blue line. You can't filter the pax 2 by rating or pickup location, hey, you are driving already!! Can't be messing around with the app. Then, the fare from pax 2 can be pretty minimal, in my case yesterday I earned a big $1.46 for picking up pax 2 and dealing with the detour, the delay, the extra traffic and integration with pax 1.

#9 ·
Ok i see what Uber is ... Its not a good idea.. i would never do it. people don't want to ride in the car with people they don't know.. Good point about a single girl being dropped off where she lives with guys she does not know in the car or even a female knowing where she lives... Dumb idea.....

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.