Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies and gentlemen,
Please write all your UberPool experience here in this post. Is getting messy on forum , when each of you have something to say about it.

Myself I'm still doing Lyft ,probably until they implement LINE in DC , but so far reading your posts i don't see its worth it do so.
UberPool is 25% cheaper than X , how do you make money on this? How do you handle crazy situation with pax, changing routes, drop off location etc.

Please post here!

Have a good day!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
As I reported in the other thread -- I think it is very difficult to manage the pax 2 pickup while you are driving with pax 1. Its not just accepting with a simple tap -- its going from whatever nav you were using with pax 1 to the uber inside-the-app nav -- which isn't great. You have to find the pax 2. Allocate seats based on which curbside is the pick up, do you make pax 1 move or invite pax 2 to front seat? Then introduce paxes and set expectations with pax 1 from the beginning. Then trust the blue line. You can't filter the pax 2 by rating or pickup location, hey, you are driving already!! Can't be messing around with the app. Then, the fare from pax 2 can be pretty minimal, in my case yesterday I earned a big $1.46 for picking up pax 2 and dealing with the detour, the delay, the extra traffic and integration with pax 1.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Security and creepers are a big concern to my female pax. They dont want to sit next to some rapist or potential threat. They also dont want other paz to see where they are dropped off (at home) and then the dude knows where they live etc.
Well, then they shouldn't be ordering uber pool.....

·
Premium Member
5,482 Posts
Cheapskates will be cheapskates, looking to cut corners and pay less. They are HOPING for unmatched ride, rolling the dice. Tough shit when they roll snake eyes and get a 2nd passenger!

Reactions: Emp9

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ok i see what Uber is ... Its not a good idea.. i would never do it. people don't want to ride in the car with people they don't know.. Good point about a single girl being dropped off where she lives with guys she does not know in the car or even a female knowing where she lives... Dumb idea.....

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Had a few pool requests so far, all single rides, but I did get a 2nd request one time and because Pax1 took so long to come out (border line 2 minutes) Pax2 canceled..
I've been trying to stay away from regular fares. SurgeCity!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts