Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current driver rating 4.88. It has been going down a point or so every 10 days from the initial 4.94.
I am unable to bring it back up despite being unfailingly polite and bend over backwards accommodating to passengers.

I have had 1500 trips so far.
I got 483 5 stars
3 -four star ratings
1- two star rating
13- one star rating

Do the ratings ever reset to 0 again?
Also one reason for the occasional one star rating is I work often in the worst parts of Detroit many times from 1am to 9 am.. some unpleasant people every now and then.

Anyone have any useful advice??

·
Premium Member
10,380 Posts
Those 1 stars will cause your ratings to drop faster than Joe Biden falling off a bicycle.
Avoid the ghettos. Shuffle all hoodrats. If you get stuck having to drive a pax into the ghetto, activate the "decline all rides" feature on your app until you get a chance to drive back out of the shithole.

·
Registered
202 Posts
My current driver rating 4.88. It has been going down a point or so every 10 days from the initial 4.94.
I am unable to bring it back up despite being unfailingly polite and bend over backwards accommodating to passengers.

I got 483 5 stars
3 -four star ratings
1- two star rating
13- one star rating

Also one reason for the occasional one star rating is I work often in the worst parts of Detroit many times from 1am to 9 am.. some unpleasant people every now and then.

Wow where to start?

Let's start with the obvious, are you clean and so is your vehicle? It takes a bit of skill to eliminate funky smells from your car. Also your person is you have a bad batch of bacteria living on your skin.

Humans don't smell, it's the bacteria feasting on ones skin oils that causes the stink called BODY ODOR. One can switch out for a different batch of bacteria rilling your skin by showering and drying off, then rubbing oneself down with rubbing alcohol, scrubbing the pit areas well. After a time a new batch of bacteria will take hold that may not smell as bad as before.

However one also has to soak all their sheets, linens and clothes, sneakers too in antibacterial laundry soap at the same time to kill the old bacteria living on those things or one just gets the old batch back.

It takes awhile being in the buff, and rubbing oneself skin to transfer body oils on the skin (we do so unconsciously) around, then for the new airborne bacteria version to take hold and dominate your skin area, after that it's the majority and drowns out any older or bad versions like staph. Stay away from sources of staph, like others and hospitals during this time.

We cured a friend's bad BO problem with this method, I also use rubbing alcohol in a small sprayer, inside the vehicle with the air on to circulate it, as it kills odors. Make sure to use little sprays and air out the vehicle, no flames or cigarettes, sparks etc as it is an explosive!

Next is your vehicle clean and fresh smelling with no odors? Or are you like others that are trying to cover up smells with air fresheners, etc that annoy the hell out of pax, because to them they smell the bad odors AND the overdose of air freshener.

A sign is are they opening the windows quite a bit?

You should try for NO smell at all on you or your vehicle. Neutral is good.

Assuming the outside of the car is clean, pax can see out windows that are clean right?

Car inside is spotless?

Got hard candies and bottles of water in the car for pax?

Sometimes at night those looking for drugs will one star you just so they don't get you again as you have nothing they need. You may want to avoid the hours or types of people in certain areas (like bars and shady neighborhoods) that one stars are occurring in. This will obviously require a lengthy process of elimination, keeping track of trips and so forth.

Some bad ratings may be from taxi drivers or their drug dealers protecting their turf from encroaching Uber drivers. Taxi drivers often deal, deal in cash, earn awesome tips and they have the candy and the juice the freaks want.

Often I was dropping off at bars and not picking up, no Ubers were, as we needed to go offline for 6 hours, then started getting one stars, but from whom? Turns out drunk women would rather call an Uber than get into a creepy taxi right outside the bar with no tracking etc.

Obviously in my problem would be not to take anyone to the bars thus not pop up and get hit with a drunky one star.

So perhaps after a certain time of day, call it quits rather than have your ratings drop.

Another issue could be that you just have too small of a vehicle for pax. It needs to be a roomy 4 seater with luggage run or a six seater. American Pax are big, jap cars are tiny and cramped.

Just because it has four pax seat belts doesn't mean it's a good Uber vehicle.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yeah, you answered why your rating is bad…

I never work nights for Uber and if I drive at night it is food and no Pax!
I'll add to this post with my own personal story. A little over a year ago I stopped working nights altogether. If I recall correctly, my rating was somewhere in the vicinity of 4.84-4.85 at the time. Over time my rating gradually went up, getting all the way up to 4.99 at one point until about 3 months ago when it went back down to 4.97 and has stayed there ever since.

Besides the ratings thing, I came to the conclusion a while back that the extra money I may make drivings nights isn't worth all the extra hassles and possible dangers.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
I'll add to this post with my own personal story. A little over a year ago I stopped working nights altogether. If I recall correctly, my rating was somewhere in the vicinity of 4.84-4.85 at the time. Over time my rating gradually went up, getting all the way up to 4.99 at one point until about 3 months ago when it went back down to 4.97 and has stayed there ever since.

Besides the ratings thing, I came to the conclusion a while back that the extra money I may make drivings nights isn't worth all the extra hassles and possible dangers.
I do a lot of Airport drives during the day, so I usually get a ride back out and make money…

No way will I pick a Pax up at night and if I must I will transfer to a Chauffeur job before driving nights or do private bookings with regular customers…

·
Registered
202 Posts

I got 483 5 stars
3 -four star ratings
1- two star rating
13- one star rating

And one more thing, it averages from your last 500 trips, so yea it takes 500 5 stars to drop one of those bad stars and you creep back towards 5.0, which if you make it, resets you as newbie with all the training stuff again, just in case you were wondering.

The alogrithm does take ratings into effect when matching pax with drivers. 4.95 and above gets all the 5.0 newbie pax. Uber matches the best it has in drivers to new pax. It's all about the pax because I get even the crap pax when I'm 4.97.

·
Premium Member
8,760 Posts

...Besides the ratings thing, I came to the conclusion a while back that the extra money I may make drivings nights isn't worth all the extra hassles and possible dangers.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Daytime and nighttime are worlds apart.

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
Wow 13 one stars, that is high, i don’t know if this will help,as each country is different. But you have 483 good 5stars. So your Doing something right, 4.88 isn’t bad, stars never reset. It’s based on your last 500trips, so on your 501st trips the first trip rating will be deleted. And so on,

-low rated riders will rate low, so don’t pick them up, 4.7stars seems the limit,
-music choice, and don’t have it loud
  • clean windows, pax don’t notice a dirty car when they are in it, but windows they see out of.
  • don’t talk unless spoken to.
  • too hot or too cold can affect ratings
-fresh smelling car, I smoke in mine occasionally, but noone has noticed yet, I’m at 4.99 for years.
-getting out of car to help with luggage or even just opening the boot,
-centre roof mirror I’ve adjusted up, so I’m not looking at them,
-the way you drive, need both hands on wheel, drive smooth, not in a hurry, brake slow, don’t race to the destination ,
-time of day can affect ratings,
-you also may have gotten rated less than their previous driver, so maybe take a trip with Uber and see what they do differently to you ,
  • don’t offer water or mints, that’s just bribery, and doesn’t work, but costs you,
  • safety first, always emphasise that you need to pull over somewhere safe,
-if rider hops out the side of traffic, let them know when it’s not safe to do so or if it’s safe, like say there’s no cars coming, it’s safe to open the door,

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Driving when people are not intoxicated is the key to higher ratings.
I’ve actually had the exact opposite experience. Corporate ******** during the day can be more rigid and uptight while my night crowd appreciates me treating them right I guess? They say it’s been a while since they had a driver like me. I also wasn’t trying to enforce a dumb mask rule, but even before that zero efficacy shitshow I was gettin love from my club kids and college students.

·
Registered
202 Posts
  • don’t offer water or mints, that’s just bribery, and doesn’t work, but costs you
Well for the Karen's it works very well and the increase in tips more than pays for it.

Those drinking alcohol are grateful, again more tips.

The males want my number to take their mother, daughter, son whatever to the airport tomorrow.

The hardcore types it works too, just have to sell them differently on it depending what they are hinting at when they open their pie holes about it.

Q: 'Whats up with candy, freak?'

A: "It's how I got your mother in the back seat, thought I'd try you next"

Q: 'Ha that's some funny shit man, you're alright. Know where I can score some....?'

Hustle, hustle, hustle, at least one third of my hourly profit is in tips. I don't sell drugs or take trips off the meter, so I've got to hustle.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts

I got 483 5 stars
3 -four star ratings
1- two star rating
13- one star rating

Hop in the back seat of your car where pax normally sit, and then look around and sniff around a bit too. Years ago a pax left some stinky soccer cleats that got jammed pretty far up under the passenger seat, but the funk was completely undetectable from the front. I remembered the exact pax carrying them into the car about a month prior but they never filed a lost item claim for them so I had no clue they were there. My ratings took a dive that month, and once I found the cleats it was quite obvious why.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow 13 one stars, that is high, i don’t know if this will help,as each country is different. But you have 483 good 5stars. So your Doing something right, 4.88 isn’t bad, stars never reset. It’s based on your last 500trips, so on your 501st trips the first trip rating will be deleted. And so on,

-low rated riders will rate low, so don’t pick them up, 4.7stars seems the limit,
-music choice, and don’t have it loud
  • clean windows, pax don’t notice a dirty car when they are in it, but windows they see out of.
  • don’t talk unless spoken to.
  • too hot or too cold can affect ratings
-fresh smelling car, I smoke in mine occasionally, but noone has noticed yet, I’m at 4.99 for years.
-getting out of car to help with luggage or even just opening the boot,
-centre roof mirror I’ve adjusted up, so I’m not looking at them,
-the way you drive, need both hands on wheel, drive smooth, not in a hurry, brake slow, don’t race to the destination ,
-time of day can affect ratings,
-you also may have gotten rated less than their previous driver, so maybe take a trip with Uber and see what they do differently to you ,
  • don’t offer water or mints, that’s just bribery, and doesn’t work, but costs you,
  • safety first, always emphasise that you need to pull over somewhere safe,
-if rider hops out the side of traffic, let them know when it’s not safe to do so or if it’s safe, like say there’s no cars coming, it’s safe to open the door,
Wow where to start?

Let's start with the obvious, are you clean and so is your vehicle? It takes a bit of skill to eliminate funky smells from your car. Also your person is you have a bad batch of bacteria living on your skin.

Humans don't smell, it's the bacteria feasting on ones skin oils that causes the stink called BODY ODOR. One can switch out for a different batch of bacteria rilling your skin by showering and drying off, then rubbing oneself down with rubbing alcohol, scrubbing the pit areas well. After a time a new batch of bacteria will take hold that may not smell as bad as before.

However one also has to soak all their sheets, linens and clothes, sneakers too in antibacterial laundry soap at the same time to kill the old bacteria living on those things or one just gets the old batch back.

It takes awhile being in the buff, and rubbing oneself skin to transfer body oils on the skin (we do so unconsciously) around, then for the new airborne bacteria version to take hold and dominate your skin area, after that it's the majority and drowns out any older or bad versions like staph. Stay away from sources of staph, like others and hospitals during this time.

We cured a friend's bad BO problem with this method, I also use rubbing alcohol in a small sprayer, inside the vehicle with the air on to circulate it, as it kills odors. Make sure to use little sprays and air out the vehicle, no flames or cigarettes, sparks etc as it is an explosive!

Next is your vehicle clean and fresh smelling with no odors? Or are you like others that are trying to cover up smells with air fresheners, etc that annoy the hell out of pax, because to them they smell the bad odors AND the overdose of air freshener.

A sign is are they opening the windows quite a bit?

You should try for NO smell at all on you or your vehicle. Neutral is good.

Assuming the outside of the car is clean, pax can see out windows that are clean right?

Car inside is spotless?

Got hard candies and bottles of water in the car for pax?

Sometimes at night those looking for drugs will one star you just so they don't get you again as you have nothing they need. You may want to avoid the hours or types of people in certain areas (like bars and shady neighborhoods) that one stars are occurring in. This will obviously require a lengthy process of elimination, keeping track of trips and so forth.

Some bad ratings may be from taxi drivers or their drug dealers protecting their turf from encroaching Uber drivers. Taxi drivers often deal, deal in cash, earn awesome tips and they have the candy and the juice the freaks want.

Often I was dropping off at bars and not picking up, no Ubers were, as we needed to go offline for 6 hours, then started getting one stars, but from whom? Turns out drunk women would rather call an Uber than get into a creepy taxi right outside the bar with no tracking etc.

Obviously in my problem would be not to take anyone to the bars thus not pop up and get hit with a drunky one star.

So perhaps after a certain time of day, call it quits rather than have your ratings drop.

Another issue could be that you just have too small of a vehicle for pax. It needs to be a roomy 4 seater with luggage run or a six seater. American Pax are big, jap cars are tiny and cramped.

Just because it has four pax seat belts doesn't mean it's a good Uber vehicle.

Hope that helps.
My car is so clean i get unsolicited comments regarding it's ceaniliness. And as for body odor I sh*t you not, I actually shower 2-3 times a day( its a compulsion). I smell fresh...

It's the Detroit crowd.. I wish I didint live here :(

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
And as for body odor I sh*t you not, I actually shower 2-3 times a day( its a compulsion). I smell fresh...
Most people need to use deodorant on a daily basis to prevent underarm BO, even if they shower 2 or 3 times a day, especially in hot weather.

I'm sure you use deodorant daily but there are people out there who mistakenly think they don't need it because they shower daily. The people who have to be around them all day suffer the consequences.

·
Premium Member
2,380 Posts
uber was supposed to force riders to say why they rated low, so drivers would know why, for all we know riders could not like your race etc letting the riders rate low without saying why and informing driver is unfair and leaves the door open for discrimination. Its not that hard when you give a 1 star on amazon you have to say why..........

·
Registered
202 Posts
uber was supposed to force riders to say why they rated low, so drivers would know why, for all we know riders could not like your race etc letting the riders rate low without saying why and informing driver is unfair and leaves the door open for discrimination. Its not that hard when you give a 1 star on amazon you have to say why..........
I agree, a pax giving a bad rating should have to explain, in a text, what they felt was the problem and not just clicky click some button or whatever so they can get on.

Luckily there are some preselection options, like price, which is out of control of the driver thus not counted.

There are a lot of low rating that go unexplained, so I don't have a clue what caused it or why, therefore the only option is to avoid those hours of bad ratings.

·
Premium Member
9,310 Posts

I got 483 5 stars
3 -four star ratings
1- two star rating
13- one star rating

No worries, deactivation only happens when you reach <4.60. Besides ratings don't pay bills.

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts