Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met my dream pax. They were waiting outside the hotel with coolers filled with cheese curds. They were going to a food convention here.

I told them how I love cheese curds and often promote a brewery here to pax that sells the best cheese curds. I didn't realize they sold the cheese curds to the brewery.

They gave me the best tip, a bag of garlic cheese curds. While they weren't deep fried, they were yummy. I asked if they were hiring a sales rep. They said they only hire deranged people. I told them I have some pax who are deranged. No job offer from them but still got cheese curds and some laughs.

D931218B-FE61-4A05-854A-B32F518CA567.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2019 Toyota Corolla
7,789 Posts
Met my dream pax. They were waiting outside the hotel with coolers filled with cheese curds. They were going to a food convention here.

I told them how I love cheese curds and often promote a brewery here to pax that sells the best cheese curds. I didn't realize they sold the cheese curds to the brewery.

They gave me the best tip, a bag of garlic cheese curds. While they weren't deep fried, they were yummy. I asked if they were hiring a sales rep. They said they only hire deranged people. I told them I have some pax who are deranged. No job offer from them but still got cheese curds and some laughs.

View attachment 427437
You should have asked them for a job!

·
Premium Member
10,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You should have asked them for a job!
I did. I told them I'd make a perfect cheese curd salesmen. That's when they said we only hire deranged people. My qualifications of eating cheese curds and having deranged pax weren't a fit.

Now I know what jobs to search for. 😀

I guess I'm still too new. Never got cheese as a tip yet. :smiles:
I'm in WI. Cheese is a big thing here.

·
Premium Member
10,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Marijuana concentrate the consistency of hard candy until heated a bit.
Its legal here.
The wax pen was very cool.
Total retail value. $35.00

Not a bad tip.

I drove the guy from dispensary to dispensary for 2 hours. Great guy, nice fair.
Not a bad tip; it would be like the equivalent of beer here and the guy who was going to give me some of his beer. But I don't drink it anymore.

I know someone here who would've loved the tip you got @mch 😀.

·
Premium Member
26,817 Posts
I'm in WI. Cheese is a big thing here.
I went to a U of Minnesota-U. of Wisconsin hockey game some time in the past.

On the Wisconsin side, they were yelling:

LET'S GO BIG RED, LET'S GO!

The Minnesota side yelled back at them:

EAT CHEESE BIG RED, EAT CHEESE!

There are two reasons that I never developed a taste for poutine when I lived in Montréal. One was the cheese curds.

·
Premium Member
10,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Never even seen cheese curds. Am I missing something?
Actually they're very popular here. The deep fried are the best! They're sold almost everywhere here, restaurants, bars, festivals and even gas stations. Even my tourist pax love them. Only had one pax who said he didn't like them.

I went to a U of Minnesota-U. of Wisconsin hockey game some time in the past.

On the Wisconsin side, they were yelling:

LET'S GO BIG RED, LET'S GO!

The Minnesota side yelled back at them:

EAT CHEESE BIG RED, EAT CHEESE!

There are two reasons that I never developed a taste for poutine when I lived in Montréal. One was the cheese curds.
It was probably the gravy that ruined them, or the fact it was in Montreal. You can't get the same quality as you do here.

·
Premium Member
3,158 Posts
Actually they're very popular here. The deep fried are the best! They're sold almost everywhere here, restaurants, bars, festivals and even gas stations. Even my tourist pax love them. Only had one pax who said he didn't like them.

It was probably the gravy that ruined them, or the fact it was in Montreal. You can't get the same quality as you do here.
I will take a Southern California Street Taco over a cheese curd any day. They probably cost the same.

·
Premium Member
26,817 Posts
It was probably the gravy that ruined them,
That was another reason that I never developed a taste for poutine.

or the fact it was in Montreal
Montréal is a great place to live. The other two signature items, the steamé or the boucanée are very good.

The only steamé that I do not like is the dressé. I just do not like cabbage on a hot dog. The other three, Michigan, Suprème, Simple (sometimes Americain), are pretty good.

·
Premium Member
10,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That was another reason that I never developed a taste for poutine.

Montréal is a great place to live. The other two signature items, the steamé or the boucanée are very good.

The only steamé that I do not like is the dressé. I just do not like cabbage on a hot dog. The other three, Michigan, Suprème, Simple (sometimes Americain), are pretty good.

I'm sure Montreal is great. I never went to Canada, except the other side of Niagra Falls.

Cabbage on a hot dog I can't see, but maybe on a brat. I never tried poutine. I found a place that makes it here, so I want to try it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.