Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you here that know me know that my favorite line is “Stop whining about Uber. If you don’t like it, stop driving” ..So this is not one of those “Uber is evil! We must sue Uber!” complaints, it’s more of a “that’s stupid and very annoying” kind of complaint.

Here it is:

You’re sitting in the queue at your local airport, waiting to give a ride to someone from the airport. You’re watching the count-down timer and after sitting for 10-30 minutes, you are moving up in the line.. Then, you get a ping from some low-rated pax at the gas station accross the street from the airport, so you let it go... Then, as you’re waiting for your big airport-payday ride, you get another ping from another gas station (or wherever) that you aren’t interested in, BECAUSE YOU ARE IN THE AIRPORT QUEUE so you let it go as well.. Then, you get another ping that for whatever reason, as an independent contractor, you choose to hit “no thanks” on...
At this point Uber’s billion-dollar AI system puts you OFFLINE, with a nice message that says something like “oh, are you still there? You’re not accepting any rides.. Go back ONLINE?”.. you hit yes to go back online after 0.5 seconds of being offline, and boom, you are put at the back of the Airport queue..

IF I AM IN THE AIRPORT QUEUE, THAT MEANS I AM WAITING FOR AN AIRPORT RIDE, NOT A RIDE FROM THE GAS STATION OR MCDONALDS ACROSS THE STREET!

/rant

..i feel better now..

·
Premium Member
10,820 Posts
Yes, this could possibly be my mistake.. However we arent all blessed with living/working in the big, busy city, and not taking a few airport rides usually equates to giving 0.5 mile rides to McDonalds and the grocery store all day.
I feel your pain. You gotta do what you gotta do.

·
Registered
822 Posts
You're sitting in the queue at your local airport, waiting to give a ride to someone from the airport. You're watching the count-down timer and after sitting for 10-30 minutes, you are moving up in the line.. Then, you get a ping from some low-rated pax at the gas station accross the street from the airport, so you let it go... Then, as you're waiting for your big airport-payday ride, you get another ping from another gas station (or wherever) that you aren't interested in, BECAUSE YOU ARE IN THE AIRPORT QUEUE so you let it go as well.. Then, you get another ping that for whatever reason, as an independent contractor, you choose to hit "no thanks" on...
def don't want to pick up anyone at a gas station near LAX...

with that said, I suggest you unionize and/or sue uber.

·
Premium Member
11,437 Posts
I averaged 44% tips but wasted 4.5 hours driving time today....... thanks new app lol

Font Screenshot Number Circle Document

·
Registered
748 Posts
If it makes you feel better I am having the worst day ever I think on uber today i updated the app recently lol
Wow, that is brutal!

Even when it's bad here I can usually get 2-3 minimum fare trips per hour. The problem is I only make $2.16 for those short trips and end up hating myself and wish I'd just gone offline and done something else instead of making $4-7 per hour BEFORE expenses.

·
Premium Member
11,437 Posts
Photo chopped. No one can do that badly, I don't care what market you work in.
Really? Yeah you got me let me guess if in showed you if I made $400 a day or $2000 a week, I am a shill right?

Just to let you know I don't do x or pool, the only time I do is to check to see if I am getting requests, even that took may be 45 mins to an hour

Or maybe, just maybe I am doing this to keep everyone out of Miami lol.

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
Lyft's DF works for me much better when in airport queue, but that's at the end of my day going home. Give it a try if you haven't already done so.

·
Premium Member
2,285 Posts
Those of you here that know me know that my favorite line is "Stop whining about Uber. If you don't like it, stop driving" ..So this is not one of those "Uber is evil! We must sue Uber!" complaints, it's more of a "that's stupid and very annoying" kind of complaint.

Here it is:

You're sitting in the queue at your local airport, waiting to give a ride to someone from the airport. You're watching the count-down timer and after sitting for 10-30 minutes, you are moving up in the line.. Then, you get a ping from some low-rated pax at the gas station accross the street from the airport, so you let it go... Then, as you're waiting for your big airport-payday ride, you get another ping from another gas station (or wherever) that you aren't interested in, BECAUSE YOU ARE IN THE AIRPORT QUEUE so you let it go as well.. Then, you get another ping that for whatever reason, as an independent contractor, you choose to hit "no thanks" on...
At this point Uber's billion-dollar AI system puts you OFFLINE, with a nice message that says something like "oh, are you still there? You're not accepting any rides.. Go back ONLINE?".. you hit yes to go back online after 0.5 seconds of being offline, and boom, you are put at the back of the Airport queue..

IF I AM IN THE AIRPORT QUEUE, THAT MEANS I AM WAITING FOR AN AIRPORT RIDE, NOT A RIDE FROM THE GAS STATION OR MCDONALDS ACROSS THE STREET!

/rant

..i feel better now..
It's all about the pax. UBER will never put any consideration towards the needs of a driver.

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
If it makes you feel better I am having the worst day ever I think on uber today i updated the app recently lol

View attachment 228356
WOW! That beats my 9 hours for $19 hands down. People don't understand how bad it is in Florida.

Photo chopped. No one can do that badly, I don't care what market you work in.
I doubt it is photo chopped. Especially after they explained they weren't accepting UberX.

I did $19 in 9 hours once. I assure you this is not photoshopped.

Short trips are one of the bug
Wow, that is brutal!

Even when it's bad here I can usually get 2-3 minimum fare trips per hour. The problem is I only make $2.16 for those short trips and end up hating myself and wish I'd just gone offline and done something else instead of making $4-7 per hour BEFORE expenses.
Short trips are one of the biggest problems for drivers. If I get two or three minimum fares that is pretty much the kiss of death for my earnings that day. I used to think that getting back to back short trips could work out but it never works out that way. I suspect the algorithm plays games. I can get three $3 trips in one hour but then the next two hours I'll only get one more trip. Every time I end up with $5 an hour or less as an overall average.

Even worse, Uber pockets over 50% of the fare for themselves on the short trips. The rider pays $7.50 but you only get $3.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts