Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have a lot of little perks for my PAX, and they seem to appreciate them.

Something that I have done to try to make sure my PAX are aware of all of the perks is, I have mounted a cheap tablet off the left corner of the passenger side seat, in the back where PAX can see it, and I created a custom app that plays a slideshow that loops throughout their ride. I created my own app because I just couldn't find one that I was able to control the way I wanted to.

If anyone has any questions about the app, the tablet I use, or the way I mounted it in the back seat let me know and I will share all of that info.

This is a video of my slideshow app playing. It is a minute and 37 seconds long, and what you see is one run through the slideshow that loops continuously.

So, here's my question. Does anyone have any ideas that I could add to the slide show to make it more informative? If you had a setup like this what additional slides would you add?

Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Interesting approach.

1. How long has it been in use?
2. How many fm drunks have tried to use it to surf the web?
3. You allow hotspot from your personal cell? I'd assume you have unlimited data, and you're not worried about someone using your connection to do something that you could be investigated for.
4. How many free water takers do you get, at what cost.
5. Do you find that you get more tips since starting its use? What % of pax are tipping you?

Personally the only thing I really like about this is notifying that they are being recorded on audio and video, I considered putting that on the back of each headrest (in writing on paper, not a tablet).

Thanks for sharing, the idea is quite innovative and Ivan see the potential benefits.

·
Premium Member
10,740 Posts
Agreed ^^^

Since our a hypnotist, why no subliminal messages to tip the driver ? Oh wait. ... Maybe play it backwards.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Do people ever crash into it?

I think it would look better landscaped..

As far as being investigated, I am sure you will get off easily when you show your Uber records. May actually be a good alibi, depending on what your into.

·
Registered
15,929 Posts
Interesting approach.

3. You allow hotspot from your personal cell? I'd assume you have unlimited data, and you're not worried about someone using your connection to do something that you could be investigated for.
5. Do you find that you get more tips since starting its use? What % of pax are tipping you?

Personally the only thing I really like about this is notifying that they are being recorded on audio and video, I considered putting that on the back of each headrest (in writing on paper, not a tablet).

Thanks for sharing, the idea is quite innovative and Ivan see the potential benefits.
You can easily get window stickers. Put them wherever you want.
Product Font Line Screenshot Material property

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting approach.

Well, let me first explain that I only do Uber once in a while, and I only started a couple weeks ago. I basically do Uber to fill in some time when my other self-employment endeavors are slow, or I otherwise have some spare time to pick up a few extra bucks.

I actually just used it for the first time last night. I did nine trips. Within those 9 trips one bottle of water was consumed, and the AUX plug was used twice because the PAX wanted to share some cool new music they were listening to. One of those two PAX made a comment that it was the coolest Uber ride he had ever had, and he'd give me 10 stars if he was able. The other tipped me $5 on his $4.70 ride.

One female PAX told me that she used Uber a lot and had "never seen such cool stuff" in a ride before. though I don't think she used anything.

None so far, but I'll keep you posted. :)

Yes, unlimited data. Not worried about an investigation. If it ever came to that the time of such an incident would be recorded, as well as who was in my car and exactly what I was doing at the time (driving).

One so far. I'll let you know when I have done this more. Bought a case of the small 8oz bottles at Walmart for something like $2.99.

1 in 9 rides so far. I'll keep you posted.

One group of 4 PAX last night asked me how I was recording them, and if I had seen the recent pepper spray video. That became the topic of conversation through their short ride.

Well, I am having fun with it, and so far it seems to have been received well by my PAX. Time will tell I guess.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do people ever crash into it?

I think it would look better landscaped..

As far as being investigated, I am sure you will get off easily when you show your Uber records. May actually be a good alibi, depending on what your into.
Nobody has yet crashed into it. I am sure it will happen eventually. I do keep the front seat pulled way up, and it is only a couple of inches out from the plane of the back of the seat, so it's not really in the way.....so far.

I tried it landscape too, but the way I modified the mount so the tablet is to the left of the seat, it seemed to make it too unstable. It bounced more while I was driving.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
If you feel it is being well received by your pax, you may want to consider doing a more "permanent" installation. (quotations because you would probably would like it better if you can remove it easily when the tablet breaks, or the power cord breaks.)

What I like most about this slideshow compared with stickers on your window, is that you can easily add more slides, or take them out. You never know, you may run into someone doing marketing for their company and may offer to pay you to run some ads. (something to ponder). Once you get one ad, you will start getting more offers from other seeing it, and you can slowly increase the price with each new customer and find a peak.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you feel it is being well received by your pax, you may want to consider doing a more "permanent" installation. (quotations because you would probably would like it better if you can remove it easily when the tablet breaks, or the power cord breaks.)

What I like most about this slideshow compared with stickers on your window, is that you can easily add more slides, or take them out. You never know, you may run into someone doing marketing for their company and may offer to pay you to run some ads. (something to ponder). Once you get one ad, you will start getting more offers from other seeing it, and you can slowly increase the price with each new customer and find a peak.
Exactly. That's the main reason for my post. Looking for ideas for additional slides. I don't drive for Uber enough that paying for an ad would be worth anything to an advertiser however.

But, how about a slide like this: "Now that we are on the way to your destination I'd like to take a few minutes to talk to you about Amway. Ask driver for more details." :)

One thing that I thought of was to add a HAPPY (fill in current holiday here) slide and a related colorful graphic near each holiday.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks tacky
You are not being very specific here.

You as a driver understand the effects of a one star rating on a driver, and that is all it would take for you to be that injurious to a driver?

So, if you happen to get into an Uber car and anything about the interior of the car happens to strike you as tack the driver automatically gets a one star? Seriously?

Would that go for shirt patterns/designs? Hair cuts, hair styles, and beard styles? One star if you think such is tacky?

You are one of few words, so I am just trying to get some perspective here.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
What does this accomplish?
I don't mean what you hope or think it accomplishes.
It makes my PAX aware of the various perks that are available when they ride with me.

It also informs my PAX that they are being recorded, which is required for recording in the state of Florida. It's a two party notification state.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts