Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried to use Uber for 2 different rides. One from our parking garage to our dinner location (15min, 3 miles away), and another on the way back. Took a total of 4 different calls to get the job done...

When our group was ready we dropped our pin, and received notification that our Uber was on his way and 2 minutes away. It then changed to 4 minutes away, still, no problem. It's showing he's moving in the right direction, and there is traffic. We get it, it's fine. Shortly after, the app shows him turning a few blocks away. He calls us and says "I am at x & x, where are you?". We tell him, we are standing where the pin was placed at a different intersection about 4 blocks away. He says okay, and hangs up. Still watching the app, he is driving around lost. We call him and ask where he is going, and if he knows where we are. He says yes, I will be there in 2 minutes. We wait the 2mins, and app says he is still 4mins away heading in the opposite direction! We called yet again, saying where we were & he verified that's where the app was...and that he was coming. Over 5 minutes later, we called him & said we had changed plans, and to cancel. Waited over 15mins for an Uber that couldn't figure out where we were after we had told him multiple times. There was also an awful language barrier.

After our first failed attempt, we try to call another Uber to take us to our location. This guy showed up in 4mins with no issues finding us (the same location we were at previously). Destination was already in the app, he plugged it in & we were off. He wasn't super talkative which is fine with us, as long as he gets us where we need to be & safely. Well, he braked incredibly hard every single time! AND, he blew through a stop sign, had people honking and mad at us. Not a good situation at all. While we reached out destination in one piece, we were all a little rattled by the rough ride. We gave him a 4 star, which we think was generous.

After we had dinner, we needed a ride back into the city. We called for another Uber, except this time the pin wasn't dropped correctly. A minute or two after we had gotten a driver, we tried calling him to give the correct location. He didn't answer. A few minutes later, it says he is "arriving". We try calling him once again, still no answer. Called him once more, still no answer. You would think the guy would have made some attempt at contacting us since the area was surging at this point, but nope. In a last ditch effort, we also tried to text him. He never once answered us!

After having cancelled that failed attempt, we called for another & made sure the location was correct & it was still surging in the area. The guy showed up 5mins later & we were off to the destination. He was talkative, drove well, and we felt safe. Not sure if it was because he is a parent himself, and perhaps a more cautious driver. But overall, we had a great experience with him. He got 5 stars, and a nice tip from us.

Maybe we just had some bad luck yesterday, or is it always "hit or miss"? In the past, if only a few trips, I have had pleasant experiences.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Maybe YOU tipped well but you were probably the only one. You get what you pay for. You don't expect a bunch of great drivers to stay on the platform when their LOSING money do you? Pay below minimum wage rates get below minimum wage service. That's why I stopped driving for Uber.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Tried to use Uber for 2 different rides. One from our parking garage to our dinner location (15min, 3 miles away), and another on the way back. Took a total of 4 different calls to get the job done...

When our group was ready we dropped our pin, and received notification that our Uber was on his way and 2 minutes away. It then changed to 4 minutes away, still, no problem. It's showing he's moving in the right direction, and there is traffic. We get it, it's fine. Shortly after, the app shows him turning a few blocks away. He calls us and says "I am at x & x, where are you?". We tell him, we are standing where the pin was placed at a different intersection about 4 blocks away. He says okay, and hangs up. Still watching the app, he is driving around lost. We call him and ask where he is going, and if he knows where we are. He says yes, I will be there in 2 minutes. We wait the 2mins, and app says he is still 4mins away heading in the opposite direction! We called yet again, saying where we were & he verified that's where the app was...and that he was coming. Over 5 minutes later, we called him & said we had changed plans, and to cancel. Waited over 15mins for an Uber that couldn't figure out where we were after we had told him multiple times. There was also an awful language barrier.

After our first failed attempt, we try to call another Uber to take us to our location. This guy showed up in 4mins with no issues finding us (the same location we were at previously). Destination was already in the app, he plugged it in & we were off. He wasn't super talkative which is fine with us, as long as he gets us where we need to be & safely. Well, he braked incredibly hard every single time! AND, he blew through a stop sign, had people honking and mad at us. Not a good situation at all. While we reached out destination in one piece, we were all a little rattled by the rough ride. We gave him a 4 star, which we think was generous.

After we had dinner, we needed a ride back into the city. We called for another Uber, except this time the pin wasn't dropped correctly. A minute or two after we had gotten a driver, we tried calling him to give the correct location. He didn't answer. A few minutes later, it says he is "arriving". We try calling him once again, still no answer. Called him once more, still no answer. You would think the guy would have made some attempt at contacting us since the area was surging at this point, but nope. In a last ditch effort, we also tried to text him. He never once answered us!

After having cancelled that failed attempt, we called for another & made sure the location was correct & it was still surging in the area. The guy showed up 5mins later & we were off to the destination. He was talkative, drove well, and we felt safe. Not sure if it was because he is a parent himself, and perhaps a more cautious driver. But overall, we had a great experience with him. He got 5 stars, and a nice tip from us.

Maybe we just had some bad luck yesterday, or is it always "hit or miss"? In the past, if only a few trips, I have had pleasant experiences.
^^^
Uhh Ohhh... you just mentioned the kiss of death word.
Parent.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts

Why the F*ck do i need to talk, my name is not Cedric The Entertainer..

Getting tired of the shit passengers, starting driving taxi in 2001, i was giving great service, great rates, water, candy and gum long before uber, All you shit self entitled passengers can kiss my ass.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Sounds like some of the drivers now left to do Uber X. I think my ratings have been going up the last few months because the drivers out there are so bad and don't speak English very well. I like to think I have really improved to 4.84 rating but it might be the best of the worst.

·
24,278 Posts
More than a few of my taxi passengers have been voicing similar complaints, be they street hails, calls from my compnay or Uber Taxi passengers. The Uber Taxi passengers seem to be the m ost vocal.

Reactions: Uber-Doober

·
Registered
275 Posts
If you drop the pin wrong a lot of drivers won't go looking for you. I will as long as they're nice on the phone and it just seems like a slight mistake or some kind of app/map error. When I've had a pin be over 1 mile off and the pax is calling me complaining that i'm not there yet or isn't answering when I say i've arrived 3 minutes ago and am wondering where they are... Sorry but if you're wasting my time i'll waste yours too. Thanks for the $5. Good luck, ****er.

·
Registered
602 Posts

Here's the truth that Uber doesn't want you as a Pax to know. Uber has cut their rates so low that driver's can no longer make a decent $ return for their time and the use if thier own cars. Uber recently increased their commission cut of the fares from % 20 to % 25. They treat their drivers like third class citizens and threaten to fire you for the dumbest reason. A lot of the experienced drivers have quit. The drivers that you have described are the result of the new recruitment campaign and not coming from the better class of drivers and most often can't even speak English very well and don't know their way around the city and are very lacking in driving skills. Most of the experienced drivers who have these skills have left for the above mentioned reasons. The following saying sums up
the present Uber situation. "You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit"
Hope this post helps you to understand how bad it is and more important WHY.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Uber has dropped rates so low that most of the experienced drivers have either quit or don't drive very often. Uber has a revolving door of drivers. Most drivers figure out that they can't make money doing this as they are simply destroying their cars. This has left uneducated, sketchy drivers to fill in all the gaps. Your experience is becoming the norm. Uber does not care about your bad experience. If they did, they would have competitive rates to attract better drivers. Uber only cares about the big payday of going public, before their house of cards comes crashing down.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
I think "you get what you pay for" applies quite nicely here.

Try UberBlack next time and see if your experience improves.
I 100% approve this message!

I am an UberBLACK driver in Phoenix with a 4.95 rating over 1000 trips and will take care of any customer that has been slighted by the UberX experience!

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I 100% approve this message!

I am an UberBLACK driver in Phoenix with a 4.95 rating over 1000 trips and will take care of any customer that has been slighted by the UberX experience!
i don't think its about shity uberX drivers, its about cheap ass entitled passengers, They pay peanuts so they think they have the right to treat us like charlie brown.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I'm an experienced UberX driver who has cut my hours of driving to a minimum. I only drive in the mornings to try to pick up airport runs.

I'll cancel on you if I think you are wasting my time with a minimum fare.

I won't wait more than 5 minutes for you because it is more profitable for me to cancel on you if you make me wait.

I don't allow food or drinks in my car.

I don't want you playing with my radio. You listen to what I listen to.

I never would dream of offering you water or anything. I offer a safe ride in a clean car....That's all.

I will think ************** if you don't tip me and will probably rate you accordingly.

These are the realities of how I drive. Uber has cut my rate so many times, and lied about it, I hate Uber, which is why I am so bitter about driving anybody. I have had to systematically figure out how to maximize my profits as a reaction to Uber treating me like shit.

I might engage you in conversation if I'm really bored, but really, I'd rather that you just sit in the back and play with your phone because I have no interest in anything you have to say.

Consider yourself lucky to get a driver like me. I am safe, intelligent, competent and sober. Uber has chased off so many experienced, good drivers that passengers have a good chance of ending up with someone who has no business driving anybody around. Dangerous drivers, thieves, drug addicts. Uber doesn't even drug test their drivers. They don't care who is driving you around as long as they are able to take your money while they pay their drivers next to nothing. Considering that there is a good possibility that the driver is incapable of finding anything else to do with their life, should tell you something.

My rating is a 4.87. I too have over 1000 rides.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
One last comment on this one...
I can only take this comment on face value, but "parking garage"?
How many levels below ground or above?
Even if the pin was perfectly placed, would you actually expect a driver to go through the levels to find you?
Were you at least standing by an elevator on the main / entry level?

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
i don't think its about shity uberX drivers, its about cheap ass entitled passengers, They pay peanuts so they think they have the right to treat us like charlie brown.
I also agree here.

Once Uber decides, in it's infinite wisdom, to reduce the rates on the premium platforms, I am sure the experience will be much different for drivers as well as clients.

As they say, you get what you pay for!

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I also agree here.

Once Uber decides, in it's infinite wisdom, to reduce the rates on the premium platforms, I am sure the experience will be much different for drivers as well as clients.

As they say, you get what you pay for!
In the case of P.O.S. uberX clients It's Not "you get what you pay for!"
It's "you pay for what you think you are getting!"
It's called "The Devaluation of a Service"

if you were paying for sex who would you have the most respect for:
The $5 to $20 street hooker or the ***** in a bar or club asking $50 to $200 for her services,

if the hooker give you the same service as the *****, you would not respect her..

·
Registered
2,000 Posts

I think it's smart to do his occasionally. We use it a couple of times a week and it's always good to observe other drivers and see what you like/don't like.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Thank you for using UberX. I'm sorry Uber misled you into thinking that UberX is a 5 star service.

The reality is no human can deliver 5 star service in exchange for 5 cent profit. UberX is the Walmart of for hire transportation. Yes its prices are cheap and locations are convenient. But don't expect much out of the workers unless you want to be disappointed.

·
Registered
540 Posts
It's hard to really coment correctly about this thread because she doesn't say where she's from. If the poster is in a city with decent rates I would say one thing. But considering her experience I would say she's in $1 a mile or less. You guys are right you get what you pay for.

Ps good job with the tipping the good driver at least.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts