Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pull up the app and it freezes? If I stay on long enough to get a call it won't go into navigation. I have contacted Uber and gone through all of their ideas on how to fix it. I uninstalled the app and re-installed it and it is still messed up. My phone works on everything but Uber?

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Fuber software is having a bad week I think

Cuz I know I prioritize Lyft and all, but a 20 Lyft : 1 Uber earnings ratio despite running Uber for a few hours is....kinda bizarre

·
Registered
7 Posts
I pull up the app and it freezes? If I stay on long enough to get a call it won't go into navigation. I have contacted Uber and gone through all of their ideas on how to fix it. I uninstalled the app and re-installed it and it is still messed up. My phone works on everything but Uber?
App has been crashing for several days. Deinstalled and reinstalled 5 times, even did a factory reset on my phone. Everything else works fine. If you bring the app and go to any tab except the Home screen the app will keep running. Go to the Home tab and locks up right away. Started happening when Uber rolled it's own navigation. Lyft always works though...Samsung S4 by the way. Curious if this is happening on any iPhones...

·
Registered
437 Posts
No crashing on my iPhone 7 Plus the past 3-4 days. Had a server error last week trying to accept a 2.5x surge fare... rebooted the phone and the surge disappeared. "Server error" my ass... thanks FUber.

·
Registered
343 Posts
What about me accepting the last 75 ride requests and my acceptance rate goes down 15% points.!!?
It's such BS.
Can't dispute anything.
We're a bunch of slaves!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been doing everything mentioned. I had some of my documents that needed to be updated and had the warning message on my screen when I logged on. I updated all of my documents before any deadlines, but I still have the warning message? My phone is in complete working order with everything else. This has to be a problem with the Uber app and not my phone.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
App frozen in queue at the airport. #1 position for 10 minutes while others are UberX drivers picked up at airport. Makes me mad that the only time I chose to go to the airport, the app freezes like that.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What about me accepting the last 75 ride requests and my acceptance rate goes down 15% points.!!?
It's such BS.
Can't dispute anything.
We're a bunch of slaves!!
I only drive a few days a week... I pretty much ignore all of their bullshit! I (until now) just get what I need to and could give a rats arse about their lame shit...;)

Try installing lyft and see how that works for you.
Just might have to do that... the pink mustache thing is a little much for me though

·
Registered
343 Posts
App frozen in queue at the airport. #1 position for 10 minutes while others are UberX drivers picked up at airport. Makes me mad that the only time I chose to go to the airport, the app freezes like that.
This happens to me 50% of the time when I'm
Next in line.
Or it sends me to Irvine to pick up some lazy kid who doesn't want to walk to Starbucks.
I hate it so much .
Nothing you can do but cry

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
I only drive a few days a week... I pretty much ignore all of their bullshit! I (until now) just get what I need to and could give a rats arse about their lame shit...;)

Just might have to do that... the pink mustache thing is a little much for me though
There is no more pink moustache/ they wont give you one even if you ask

·
Registered
7 Posts
App has been crashing for several days. Deinstalled and reinstalled 5 times, even did a factory reset on my phone. Everything else works fine. If you bring the app and go to any tab except the Home screen the app will keep running. Go to the Home tab and locks up right away. Started happening when Uber rolled it's own navigation. Lyft always works though...Samsung S4 by the way. Curious if this is happening on any iPhones...

Here is the response that I received from Uber:

I had a different issue with my fare
Friday, March 3, 2017 at 9:02:16 PM · uberX

Hi Michael,

Thanks for contacting Uber support team.

Happy to help upon reviewing your profile, I can confirm you that all the required documents are up-to-date active. Your profile is active as well and you are good to go and accept trip requests. I would request you not to worry.

Moreover, I've put together some resources to help you if you ever experience an issue with your phone again. Hope they're useful.

1) Restart your app.
2) Then, Retry.
3) If that didn't work. Restart your phone.
4) Make sure that your Bluetooth is always turned off because it can interfere with signal.
5) Toggle Airplane Mode on/off. (make sure it is turned off)
6) Toggle off your cellular data for 3-5 seconds.
7) Now, try to Reset the network settings. (WARNING: this will reset all network info like saved WiFi passwords, preferred networks, etc.
To Reset network settings on your phone. Just go to Settings > General Reset > Reset Network Settings. Then log back in using your correct username and password.
8) If none of the above worked try to delete then re-install the app. Then follow step 4 and 5. To download the updated app you can follow this link

Turned off Bluetooth and the app is up and running now for 5 minutes. Amazing they want us to use Pandora (data killer) with no Bluetooth. I use my car radio instead.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts