Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier I received a message from Uber saying my account has been blocked. And that I have been reported for using drugs while driving. I was shocked to see this

I do not smoke drink or do drugs, at all whatsoever.

I believe that someone saw the caffeine tablets i keep in my center console and thought those were drugs??

I called Uber support and later messaged them a picture of said caffeine tablets.

Has this ever happened to anyone? If so what was the outcome. Advice needed!

·
Banned
160 Posts
Earlier I received a message from Uber saying my account has been blocked. And that I have been reported for using drugs while driving. I was shocked to see this

I believe that someone saw the caffeine tablets i keep in my center console and thought those were drugs??

I called Uber support and later messaged them a picture of said caffeine tablets.

Don't drive around ghetto, don't pick up ghetto like people, and keep your damn personal stuff away from passenger's sight. And do not talk a lot with passengers.
Contact Uber and explain everything to them, it is your first time, they'll give you a chance

·
Premium Member
8,423 Posts
believe that someone saw the caffeine tablets i keep in my center console
Well that was careless put them away!!! However, they probably just wanted a free ride.
Has this ever happened to anyone?
Thousands of People.
If so what was the outcome. Advice needed!
If it's your first time being reported then you'll be on hold for up to 48 hours while they do their "investigation". After that you'll be back on. Usually you don't get permanently deactivated until the 3rd DUI complaint, but now you are at strike 1.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't drive around ghetto, don't pick up ghetto like people, and keep your damn personal stuff away from passenger's sight. And do not talk a lot with passengers.
Contact Uber and explain everything to them, it is your first time, they'll give you a chance
Jesus I do the opposite. I am super friendly and talk to everyone. And I live in Detroit and pick up alot of passengers from here

·
Banned
160 Posts
Jesus I do the opposite. I am super friendly and talk to everyone. And I live in Detroit and pick up alot of passengers from here
Talking is not the problem, but getting carried away is. Controlled talk is good. I did not tell you to don't talk, I told you don't talk a lot. And don't show a lot. Even a can of Redbull visible to the passenger is not a good idea. To passenger you never drive 10 or 12 hours, you always drive 3 hours a day. And every passenger is always your first passenger for the day.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Advice needed!
it happened to me twice in a three week period. People do it just to get a free ride from Uber.

get some “smile you’re on camera 🙂” stickers or an obvious interior dashcam.

dealing with Uber I ask Uber which ride? they reply they can’t say because of privacy policy. Then I reply “no one’s ever asked to end a ride early and the police never contacted me, so I guess they weren’t that concerned about my driving”

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it happened to me twice in a three week period. People do it just to get a free ride from Uber.

get some “smile you’re on camera 🙂” stickers or an obvious interior dashcam.

dealing with Uber I ask Uber which ride? they reply they can’t say because of privacy policy. Then I reply “no one’s ever asked to end a ride early and the police never contacted me, so I guess they weren’t that concerned about my driving”
[/QUOTE
Yes It is frustrationg because 99.99% of passengers are good people and that 0.01 can cost you your job

·
Banned
160 Posts
The worst thing that have ever happened to me in my driving career happened when I was a driving taxi in New York City. Three guys took me to the Bronx and I got robbed at gunpoint. I lost around $400 cash.
And one night I was around Harlem. The car in front of me stopped, and two guys and a woman got out and accused me of Hit and Run. They had a baby in the backseat. They threatened that they would call the cops, and they did. Can't forget till today their nasty accent. "Five hundred dollars". 😔
When the cops arrived, they told the cops to go away. I was a dumb kid, I got scared and gave them the money.

·
Registered
64 Posts

same thing happened to me about a year back . I Roasted uber and the rider !!!
I went to a lab and got a urine test that showed i had no alcohol in my system for the last 72HRS.
Armed with this , i went straight at uber with it.

check my post on this issue , and how i Checkmated Uber n the Pax

anunaki a.k.a (The Duke Of Rideshare - Youtube)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
same thing happened to me about a year back . I Roasted uber and the rider !!!
I went to a lab and got a urine test that showed i had no alcohol in my system for the last 72HRS.
Armed with this , i went straight at uber with it.

check my post on this issue , and how i Checkmated Uber n the Pax

anunaki a.k.a (The Duke Of Rideshare - Youtube)
another poster said uber does not even accept toxicology reports tho

1 - 20 of 74 Posts