Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever have this happen to them. Have not heard back. Been going on for two days now. I've racked my brain and I can't see why it happened any thoughts? Or idea on how long their investigations last?

We are investigating a report from a rider on one of your recent trips. Your account has been placed on hold while we look into this report.

Please note that this investigation can only be completed by a member of our Incident Response Team and cannot be handled at a Greenlight Hub location.

Thank you for your patience while we look into this matter. You should expect to hear from a member of our team soon. If you have any information that you think would be helpful at this time, please let us know.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Any update I have the same problem and it's the sec time happened to me the first time they call me after 1 day now I been more than 2 days now

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Any update I have the same problem and it's the sec time happened to me the first time they call me after 1 day now I been more than 2 days now
Probably nothing to worry about. I've been deactivated a couple of times because of pax lying to Uber with false complaints. The first time it was because an under-18 boy whom I ride denied submitted a false report to Uber, claiming that I had an unknown extra person along for the ride when I arrived to pick him up. He had already threatened that, "I will F you up with Uber" after I ride denied him, so he was just following through. When the Uberdrone phoned me for an explanation I just told him to check my trip records for that night. Did the person I dropped off not 5 minutes before I arrived at the boy's location complain that there was an extra person in the car? No? Did the person I picked up 5 minutes after I ride denied the child complain that there was an extra person in the car? No? Riiiiight - so in between dropping off the last passenger, I found someone random on the street, I had that person get in the car, I pulled up the the child's pickup, I then drove off, had the random person get out of the car, and then pulled up at the next pickup location. I told the Uberdrone to do a sense check on pax' claims before deactivating drivers over lies, not that it made any difference.

The next lie report was from a kid who wanted his fare refunded and made up a cock and bull story about me speeding and road raging. This time I simply told the Uberdrone to check the in-trip GPS records and he would see no speed above 35mph and no harsh acceleration or braking data. Again told them not to deactivate drivers based on pax' lies and that all the data they needed to see what happened on the trip was already in their possession. A few days later the dangerous driving flag disappeared from my driver app.

The last time I was at the Uber centre there was a guy next to me asking why he had been deactivated. The drone on the other side of the desk told him he had to wait for the phone call; that a pax had complained. So I wouldn't worry, you'll get the call and will be told what the pax alleged.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, all is well in Uberland. Got the call yesterday, I apparently did not give a ride to someone based on their race! Total lie but I get why they do what they do. All is well again

·
Premium Member
4,577 Posts
Anyone ever have this happen to them. Have not heard back. Been going on for two days now. I've racked my brain and I can't see why it happened any thoughts? Or idea on how long their investigations last?

We are investigating a report from a rider on one of your recent trips. Your account has been placed on hold while we look into this report.

Please note that this investigation can only be completed by a member of our Incident Response Team and cannot be handled at a Greenlight Hub location.

Thank you for your patience while we look into this matter. You should expect to hear from a member of our team soon. If you have any information that you think would be helpful at this time, please let us know.
This happened to me. I got a "whiplash" report on me, and they deactivated me. This is why their monitoring your breaking and acceleration habits will protect you, it sure did me. So, I go down to uber and ask what's up, and they tell me this, and I tell them, I have no idea who that person was, they never mentioned anything about "sudden braking" and they said I hit someone ( WTF? ) so where's the ambulance, police report, etc? None, of course, and the uber braking monitor backed me up. Case closed, and they re-activated me right then and there. There was no incident response team, and it was handled at the Hub. So, I guess it depends on your city.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Probably nothing to worry about. I've been deactivated a couple of times because of pax lying to Uber with false complaints. The first time it was because an under-18 boy whom I ride denied submitted a false report to Uber, claiming that I had an unknown extra person along for the ride when I arrived to pick him up. He had already threatened that, "I will F you up with Uber" after I ride denied him, so he was just following through. When the Uberdrone phoned me for an explanation I just told him to check my trip records for that night. Did the person I dropped off not 5 minutes before I arrived at the boy's location complain that there was an extra person in the car? No? Did the person I picked up 5 minutes after I ride denied the child complain that there was an extra person in the car? No? Riiiiight - so in between dropping off the last passenger, I found someone random on the street, I had that person get in the car, I pulled up the the child's pickup, I then drove off, had the random person get out of the car, and then pulled up at the next pickup location. I told the Uberdrone to do a sense check on pax' claims before deactivating drivers over lies, not that it made any difference.

The next lie report was from a kid who wanted his fare refunded and made up a cock and bull story about me speeding and road raging. This time I simply told the Uberdrone to check the in-trip GPS records and he would see no speed above 35mph and no harsh acceleration or braking data. Again told them not to deactivate drivers based on pax' lies and that all the data they needed to see what happened on the trip was already in their possession. A few days later the dangerous driving flag disappeared from my driver app.

The last time I was at the Uber centre there was a guy next to me asking why he had been deactivated. The drone on the other side of the desk told him he had to wait for the phone call; that a pax had complained. So I wouldn't worry, you'll get the call and will be told what the pax alleged.
Thant for answe but I been on hold for 3 days now is that normal

What was the story the first time? Did they tell you?

Im sorry you guys. Thats pretty disturbing.
What was the story the first time? Did they tell you?

Im sorry you guys. Thats pretty disturbing.
the lady said I cancel her trip after I found that she is black that was the first time

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
It really sucks for full time drivers that at any moment a passenger can lie and submit a fake report. This will then cause the driver to miss at least a day or two of work and possibly even get permanently deactivated.

If it ever happens to me I will consider filing a lawsuit (against the passenger making the false claim) out of principle alone in order to recover the lost wages. Passengers need to learn there are consequences to making false accusations. The parents of that under 18 punk who lied about you ought to have to pull out the checkbook to make you whole.

the lady said I cancel her trip after I found that she is black that was the first time
If you really didn't do that and this is full time for you then get a lawyer. Investigate suing the lady for the false claim. Chances are she will run and drop it once confronted ... if it is really false.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You guys will like this one I got deactivated last week on a Saturday morning at 7 in the morning keep in mind I had not driven for one week as I only drove the previous Saturday. The Pax stated that I had a dog and my car and I was driving a different car other than the one that was registered with Uber. Well for starters I don't own a dog second of all I don't own any other cars and don't rent car have no access to any other car. And I hadn't driven for seven days and then they decide to deactivate me seven days later the morning that I'm going to go out and drive. I had to fight back and forth and tell them that I did not have a dog or that I didn't own any other cars for about five hours before I was allowed to be reinstated. What a damn joke. Oh yeah and my ratings went up and I did not get any kind of bad comment from a customer either. LMFAO!!!!!

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Now you guys are starting to understand why some just do airports. Way less BS.

Reactions: iUBERdc

·
Registered
779 Posts
It really sucks for full time drivers that at any moment a passenger can lie and submit a fake report. This will then cause the driver to miss at least a day or two of work and possibly even get permanently deactivated.
^^^^^^^^^^^THIS ^^^^^^^^^^

Absolutely terrible the way Uber can remove your livelihood based on a claim. I hope they reimburse you for loss of income if you are foun to be in the clear. If not you really need to sue Uber for this.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I been waiting for 4 days nobody call me

This happened to me. I got a "whiplash" report on me, and they deactivated me. This is why their monitoring your breaking and acceleration habits will protect you, it sure did me. So, I go down to uber and ask what's up, and they tell me this, and I tell them, I have no idea who that person was, they never mentioned anything about "sudden braking" and they said I hit someone ( WTF? ) so where's the ambulance, police report, etc? None, of course, and the uber braking monitor backed me up. Case closed, and they re-activated me right then and there. There was no incident response team, and it was handled at the Hub. So, I guess it depends on your city.
How long it's take to call you?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts