Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4 hours and $48. (6:45am - 10:45) I had the longest ride from downtown to O'Hare and a few other rides. Even Edgewater was slower than usual. My goal is $80-$100 per day. Guess I'll have to get back out there this afternoon. Is it the hours I chose, the fact that it's Monday...

·
Registered
394 Posts
My newbie friend just did her 25th trip today and received her letter from Uber: "Congratulations, you've opened the door to Pool"! LOL! She's had a couple of trips downtown and was traumatized by the Loop, so she's staying on the south side. She thinks the folks downtown are snooty and the folks on the south side are more appreciative of the service. She may be right. Anyway, she's made four trips this morning and only netted $26 and is tying to make the $50 bonus for 10 trips, $100 for 20 or $300 for 40. Frankly, knowing how slow it is, I think she'll be lucky to make 10 without getting too discouraged. Her first day was a nightmare...her phone crashed during a long trip along with the normal newbie nightmares...all this brought her rating down to 4.5....so she's feeling pretty disappointed

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
4 hours and $48. (6:45am - 10:45) I had the longest ride from downtown to O'Hare and a few other rides. Even Edgewater was slower than usual. My goal is $80-$100 per day. Guess I'll have to get back out there this afternoon. Is it the hours I chose, the fact that it's Monday...
Are you on hourly or earnings boost?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
My newbie friend just did her 25th trip today and received her letter from Uber: "Congratulations, you've opened the door to Pool"! LOL! She's had a couple of trips downtown and was traumatized by the Loop, so she's staying on the south side. She thinks the folks downtown are snooty and the folks on the south side are more appreciative of the service. She may be right. Anyway, she's made four trips this morning and only netted $26 and is tying to make the $50 bonus for 10 trips, $100 for 20 or $300 for 40. Frankly, knowing how slow it is, I think she'll be lucky to make 10 without getting too discouraged. Her first day was a nightmare...her phone crashed during a long trip along with the normal newbie nightmares...all this brought her rating down to 4.5....so she's feeling pretty disappointed
Tell her to keep her head up, she's going to be fine. The loop is rough, even for vets. Doesn't she have the whole week to get the 40 rides?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope she hangs in there. I'm 2 months in and have only had one unsavory pax. I love it; I just don't like feeling like I'm really hustling and then looking down to find I've earned $$!t. I try not to pick up from downtown as the typically aren't going far. So, I'll take the short drive to Fullerton or Irving Park or South Loop.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Unless you are willing to put in 100-200 hours to learn to do downtown right, I say avoid it. Hats off to those of you who do it but for people who are not doing it every day it is not worth the stress and ratings hit, especially without good surge. I suggest familiarizing yourself with an area close to downtown and heading there.

·
Premium Member
4,283 Posts
The loop is rough, even for vets<<<< Sure is .. I wouldn't have it any other way.. Uber is trying to lure you guys in there with these promotions.. Leave it to the pro's please.. You'll get eating ALIVE...

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I do pretty good from the loop for the most part, took me a litThe while to really learn it, but once you do, is not horrible. Just tough.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I would suggest lakeview. Busiest spot all the time.

Downtown is not too bad. I guess I'm used to the passengers, but traffic is horrible, streets are worse. I can navigate well in upper, middle and lower wacker. Sometimes I receive directions but I know downtown after doing deliveries for 6 months ;) hehe

I hate being sent to the suburbs. I live 16 minutes from the loop, with traffic.

·
Registered
84 Posts
todays morning rush hour was slow, didnt even see a big surge on areas that usually does. glad im on $37/hr guarantee. 4hrs and 7 passengers later im on my way home lol

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
I feel it may be due to the start of the July 4th and summer vacation season -- already!

Even a sports station in here in Boston has a fill-in host, as the regular host is already on vacation.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The people are different downtown. And it can be a mess. I love it early on weekends because of surge and ride guarantees, but when it starts getting crazy, I bail. Its not worth the stress. Ive been having good luck going up to fullerton, Addison, and north side areas. The 10/20 ride bonus is working for me. But Im not looking to make 500 bucks a week.

·
Premium Member
4,283 Posts
Let me guess...downtown too o hare..no surge just hitting the promo?

This latest one of 20 for 100 screams of short rides only...if you don't you"re doing exactly what uber wants..no surge and you driving all over the city for an extra 5 per ride..

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
No surges or gurantees popped up for me. This is my first time doing mornings since I'm done with school. I heard starting out early in the a.m. brought surges.
Surges in the morning are all around 8:00 and 9:00 am; it is short and due to the traffic you do not have the abilities to catch a lot. And yes some mornings there are none, Lincoln Park included.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts