Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stupid young dumb pax opened a can of beer as i was driving across the Golden gate bridge...spilled some i would say on purpose on my seat; noticed 30 seconds after they exited
Font Parallel Screenshot Rectangle Number
Cloud Automotive design Grey Sky Automotive tire

By the way I circled the block2 times trying to find him to kick his ****ing ass

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
i wonder what method of cleaning they have in mind for $80. what detail will clean only 1 seat? that junk soaked in the fabric you cant just wipe. it requires a machine.

·
Premium Member
2,407 Posts
Pocket the 80 bucks.

First put paper towels on stain to take in the liquid, then apply baking soda on top of it and leave it on for a few hours (the longer the better). Then vaccuum it out. After spray all purpose cleaner on it and wipe.

It should be completely clean after. This is my standard cleaning procedure, and i keep the supplies in my trunk to clean any mess right away (dont want to leave it on, the quicker the better). Ofcourse right after i take pictures and inform uber of the mess to get the $$ that is.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Pocket the 80 bucks.

First put paper towels on stain to take in the liquid, then apply baking soda on top of it and leave it on for a few hours (the longer the better). Then vaccuum it out. After spray all purpose cleaner on it and wipe.

It should be completely clean after. This is my standard cleaning procedure, and i keep the supplies in my trunk to clean any mess right away (dont want to leave it on, the quicker the better). Ofcourse right after i take pictures and inform uber of the mess to get the $$ that is.
bruh. that stuff is all on the side of the seat and likely in the fabric. baking soda can remove the oder and stain if you do it fast enough but it dosent clean.

and how can the beer not have gotton somewhere else you cant see?

the entire rear inside need to be steam cleaned.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why do you think he did it on purpose?
His attitude

I've tried getting a cleaning fee before but they say they require a picture of a receipt for damages. Did they ask you for any of that?
No. Maybe because i sent the picture 2mins after ending the trip

I cleaned it up with some regular carpet upholstery cleaner...looks new again...

Why do you think he did it on purpose?
Pocket the 80 bucks.

Resolved!

bruh. that stuff is all on the side of the seat and likely in the fabric. baking soda can remove the oder and stain if you do it fast enough but it dosent clean.

and how can the beer not have gotton somewhere else you cant see?

the entire rear inside need to be steam cleaned.
Its not on the side just the top

Random thought is support in a different country??? Look at the time i took the trip and then ubers response time 8hr differnce

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
His attitude

No. Maybe because i sent the picture 2mins after ending the trip

I cleaned it up with some regular carpet upholstery cleaner...looks new again...

Resolved!

Its not on the side just the top
i see. i thought that was the seat part not the back rest.

still i would push for a real cleaning.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I spilled beer in my car but it was after a passenger bought me two forties. They were in the back of my Prius getting all shook up and they started to leak from the top. I pulled over and put one in glove box and other in the center compartment. I picked dude up from the bar on pool trip. He said he needed to stop by liquor store. I said why not and he hook me up. We started smoking cigs in car and picked up second passenger 10 minutes later. Lol. Life is good. Rating drop .3 this week. Who care cause 2k is all that matters.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I've received cleaning fees on at least 3 occasions, and never submitted receipts, only pics. Make sure you submit pics ASAP-they have a 24, or 48 hr policy.
And of course this policy changes from the unidetified person 1 to the unidentified person 2 at their support. (By the way who came up with the name support for that department? Who are they really supporting? Us?) Also isn't it interesting how a company that is totally ignorant towards the laws of the land has so many policies towards what they classify as independent contractors? Maybe the 20%-30% Uber Fee is meant to be the driver's W-2 taxes and it's been another glitch all this time...

·
Registered
193 Posts
And of course this policy changes from the unidetified person 1 to the unidentified person 2 at their support. (By the way who came up with the name support for that department? Who are they really supporting? Us?) Also isn't it interesting how a company that is totally ignorant towards the laws of the land has so many policies towards what they classify as independent contractors? Maybe the 20%-30% Uber Fee is meant to be the driver's W-2 taxes and it's been another glitch all this time...
Oh, and you have to be vigilant. They tried to get out of paying me once by saying that I hadn't responded within the given time restraints, and other BS excuses. Long story short, got paid 2 months later. You can ignore their requests for coughing up the name of the pax.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts